Pouring at 220F? 250F?

The stupid shop that secretly switched palm pillar waxes on me told me that Id get better results if I pour at 220F. Later when that didnt work, they said pour at 250F. Isnt that really high?

Well other than votives, I cant even get it out of my molds that the old stuff came right out of.

The wax is CB palm wax 5801 PB

Tell them you want your money plus shipping back. Then call and write your CC company. They just can't keep selling us crap and getting away with it. Might not be their fault but they sold it to you. Maybe if more suppliers would test and get with manufactures for bad wax, FO etc, we would all be better off.

The stupid shop that secretly switched palm pillar waxes on me told me that Id get better results if I pour at 220F. Later when that didnt work, they said pour at 250F. Isnt that really high?

Never heard of any palm wax that needed to be heated that high to pour. These people don't seem to know anything about the wax they are selling. Not good.

The wax is CB palm wax 5801 PB

I don't understand this statement. CB refers to container blend and PB for pillar blend. Which one is it?:confused:

Palm can take a bit more in the way of heat then some other waxes IIRC (I rarely use it) but that seems INSANELY high to me.

I'm with everyone else, get your money back on that wax if it's giving you that much of a hard time and get the supplier to clarify what exactly it is, CB and PB shouldn't be in the same name for wax.

strange...

I wonder if they sold CB where you asked for PB. I once put CB (glass glow) wax in a votive mold and the only way that thing was coming out was to heat the mold until it melted loose. Not sure what they do for that effect. A little beeswax or paraffin and it will release so the effect is delicate.

Only time I know of to heat wax over 200 is to melt in additives like some FT wax, EVA, or PE. ( c.f. http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?p=395894 )

I went to their shop on Saturday and asked for pillar palm wax. They have a record of my earlier purchases and gave me the last 5lbs of the PB wax marked Crystal Brite Palm Wax PB. They told me over the phone that it was missmarked. It was really "PF 507". During the very vauge conversation I remeber "CB" being mentioned too. Anyways This new wax which I bought a case of on Monday is in a big tarp material bag which reads:

Palm Wax 5801 A

Net Wt: 25kg

Lot No: LSB/10-2446

Made in Malaysia

I asked them about the earlier wax(awesome), and I couldnt get any real strait answer. I have switched to an IGI distributer, so I'll have access to the feather and star palm PB blends as well as Beeswax.

Thankfully, I havent spent a bunch of time testing.on this earlier very awesome mystery blend( I was just getting started), so i'll just start over. Too bad cause this first run with squarebraid #1, 3" (mild pink, mild rose)pillar is looking good after 4-3 hr burns.

The new stuff wont even come out of the 3" mold. I used Pam before pouring and tried freezing. I poured at 200F in a heated mold. The old wax had minor but insignificant trouble coming out. The votives just arent as beautiful on the sides like the mystery wax is.

I'm hoarding the rest of the mystery wax to myself.

I'll post pics and see if you can ID when I get a new Camera.

These are the same people that say that the only container palm wax is 100% palm stearic acid.

Edited by snewbie