Craft Show question

I was "invited" to a craft show next month (I say invited because they just sent me an application without inquiring about it) and I have a question.

I says that I need to provide a copy of my general liablity insurance (which isn't a problem), but the insurance has to identify the city and its officers, employees and volunteeers as additional insureds? This is the first time that I have been asked to provide evidence of insurance.

Is that normal to have to have it show the additional insures and how would I do that. Do I have to get a new policy for the show dates?

Thanks

I have to provide copies of insurance info for a lot of my shows but I personally would not list them as additional insured. I'd contact whomever is in chanrge of the show and see if that's truely required as some use a generic app from other shows and don't really require all that they say.

I have to provide copies of insurance info for a lot of my shows but I personally would not list them as additional insured. I'd contact whomever is in chanrge of the show and see if that's truely required as some use a generic app from other shows and don't really require all that they say.

I am nervous listing them as additional insured as I did not interview these people and have no idea if they are going to randomly start picking fights or leaving cords around for customers to trip on because the vendors are the ones providing insurance for them.

I will contact them and find out exactly what they are looking for. It's a higher show fee, so I'm confused on why the vendors need to provide insurance for the workers.

Here is how the verbage goes on the application... what do you think?

"Each vendor must supply the Festival Committee with a current certificate of insurance, which provides general liablity coverage and which identifies the city of Walker and its officers, employees and volunteers as additional insureds. The insurance must be in such a form and amounts reasonalbe acceptable to the city and each vendor must maintain such coverage during the dates of the Festival as well as at all times during which the vendor or its equipment are located or operating on City-owned property"

Sounds to me like they need to be looking into insurance for the festival to protect the city and it's workers on their own. You'll have to decide how badly you want to do this show if they don't budge but there's no way I'd be adding additional insured (city, officers, employees and volunteers). That just puts you out there for a LOT of liability that's out of your control. You have no idea what all those people will be doing.

Also, call your insurance agent and ask them. They should be able to explain better what kind of liability this would have your policy covering.

Edited by IndulgentCreations

Whenever I do a show that requires proof of insurance, I only let me insurance agent fax or mail them the info. that way if they need additional information they can go straight to the agent. Ive never hears of all those condistions, but I cant beleive they have time to look all into that much info. I just say let your insurance agent take care of it.

And most insurance policies will charge $100 every time they add someone on to your insurance. If you WS to the big guys they will require you to add them to your policy....and again for each and every one it is a $100 charge.