remelting test containers

have some that tunneled badly so just hitting them with the heat gun isn't going to be enough, plus I use 464 and have found for me the heat gun always makes for a messed up top. Could they just be nuked in the microwave to remelt or the oven?

I wouldn't use the microwave. I would put them in the oven at about 180 and melt them down that way. If I plan to redo the whole container...I melt it down in the oven then pour the liquid into a pour pot to repour into a clean container.

Don't forget that if its a wicked jar, the wick tab is metal. The micro does not like metal. The oven is the best way. I put my oven on warm (the lowest setting) and put the candle on a newspaper lined cookie sheet and set the jar on that. Leave until melted.

If you'd like to completely repour your containers you can take a cookie sheet or casserole dish and line it with aluminum foil, lay a cooling rack on top, and then set your containers on that UPSIDE DOWN. The wax will drip through the cooling rack and collect in the foil. After everything has melted, clean your containers and let your wax cool a bit. Then it is ready for remelting or storage.

I give credit to suggestions I've read here in this forum, but I've learned from practice that it works very well.

Edited by jonsie