shipping is Evil..

lsbennis

Serious rant here...I consider myself a somewhat competant person but I cannot figure out how to set up shipping on my site! I have a serious mental block with it, my site uses Mals ecommerce and I cannot grasp it. On top of the fact that how does one know which way to ship...UPS...USPS...FedEx...Flat Rate are all of them, I'm so over this...lol :rolleyes2

Ok...i feel a little better now, thanks for listening! :P

Thanks Kountrytimes, I checked it out and it looks interesting, is it accurate, I mean when you take the package to UPS or Fedex do you get the same price from them?

I was thinking of maybe just going with a flat rate using USPS, I like the idea of getting free boxes and shipping supplies.

My problem with shipping is you never know what the customer will buy, what will fit in what size box. No calculator I've found can do that. My cart offered local pickup, but some customers can't read or didn't know what that meant, and would check that box, so I had to remove it. It became obvious when someone in Puerto Rico checked it thinking they could pick up the products in their town and not have to pay any shipping!:tiptoe:

@Bernadette...lol...I actually did that once by accident with a supplier, I think it was CMS...I checked local pick up thinking I checked another shipping option. I think they are in Ohio? not sure, but I actually got a call from them asking me if I was coming up from FL to pick up the package...lol :tiptoe:

I agreed on the shipping is Evil for 3 years. What I didn't like was I would "charge for order at time of order" and charge for shipping at time of shipment. It was double work, but I did it for 3 years-until I found www.auctioninc.com . I have to say since then I haven't had any issues with under estimates, except 1 and that was because I didn't have the weight properly. Otherwise it is right on target as long as you set it up right. I actually have it on 2 sites. I do offer "local" pick-up as I have customers that come and pick up & if I had someone pick that, that wasn't local? I would figure out the shipping and send them a request-

It is the only thing I have found that works with Mal's and is easy. So I agree with Keri.

I also agree with Keri...I finally got fed up trying to figure it out on Mals so I installed...www.auctioninc.com ...this did make it much easier. But still not simple....lol

The only issue I have is that I do offer USPS Flat Rate shipping so if I can get it to fit in the box and its cheaper I will ship that way and refund the difference, I didn't see any way to add that on as an option at check out. :confused: