Double wicking

Looking for feedback on double wicking jars. I use an apothecary 3 7/8 diameter jar. We have been struggling with burn using one wick, and have thought about switching to two wicks.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

How do they burn? Do your customers care? etc...

Thanks.

I find that clients would rather the candle burn all the way to the sides, then make a tunnel down the center. Double wicking will cause your candle to burn faster and hotter which also emits more aroma into the air. I don't believe it is proportional meaning it doesn't burn in twice the time. I think double wicking looks neat. Just some thoughts.

Actually double wicking, if done right, will not burn hotter or faster than a single wick! I've always doubled wicked any container 3" or wider and my customers prefer it that way. I don't achieve full melt pool till the 2nd or 3rd burn, but it does clean the sides nicely about half way down the jar. :cool2:

Actually double wicking, if done right, will not burn hotter or faster than a single wick! I've always doubled wicked any container 3" or wider and my customers prefer it that way. I don't achieve full melt pool till the 2nd or 3rd burn, but it does clean the sides nicely about half way down the jar. :cool2:

may I ask what wax do you use? Thanks

We double wick and our customers have never mentioned whether they preferred it or not. We had the same problem with not being able to get a single wick to work. I have seen people post that it is possible, but we could never achieve it.

To me the issue is one of quality. When a container is wider than 3 inches, the best-designed candle with 2 wicks will be better than the best-designed candle with 1 wick. It will do better in shorter burns, in longer burns and in power burns. It will soot less, throw more, and require less attention and maintenance from the user.

To me the issue is one of quality. When a container is wider than 3 inches, the best-designed candle with 2 wicks will be better than the best-designed candle with 1 wick. It will do better in shorter burns, in longer burns and in power burns. It will soot less, throw more, and require less attention and maintenance from the user.

Very well put Top!! :cool2: