MP questions

singleyellowrose

I don't normally mess much with MP, however, I got a cute mold that I would like to make some kids soaps with.

I need:

1. a good red color & yellow color

2. how much FO per pound

3. How much color per pound

4. What colors don't bleed

Any other help is greatly appreciated. If they turn out good, I promise to post pics!

Edited by singleyellowrose

TKB Trading has nonbleeding soap colors. I suggest you try liquid because they are easier to handle and disperse than mica powders. With liquids 1-3 drops per lb is typical. With micas I use 1/4 tsp per lb.

The amount of FO to use can vary but I find using 1 tbs per lb generally works for me. If its a strong FO then 1-2 tsp may be all it needs.

TKB Trading has nonbleeding soap colors. I suggest you try liquid because they are easier to handle and disperse than mica powders. With liquids 1-3 drops per lb is typical. With micas I use 1/4 tsp per lb.

The amount of FO to use can vary but I find using 1 tbs per lb generally works for me. If its a strong FO then 1-2 tsp may be all it needs.

I just started using TKB's nonbleeding liquid Pop colors and love them! Very easy to use and mix, and so far no bleeding. I find I use a lot less than they recommend, so the little sampler pack I got will probably last me quite a while. They also have formulas on their website to follow for mixing their Pop colors to come up with tons of different shades. It seems a lot more foolproof a system to me than other suppliers' soap colors.

Anything that requires LESS thinking on my part is usually a good thing. :laugh2: