Any advise on the Primera 400?

Dana

I am going to bite the bullet and finally purchase the Primera 400. Does anyone have any advise or tips about this label maker? My main reason for wanting to purchase one of these is because I am so sick and tired of my labels being off center. Last year I purchsed a $400 Samsung laser printer, think THAT would solve the problem....WRONG! The design program I use is Printshop and I know that is part of the problem too. Anyway, if anyone can give me any advise about the Primera- will it keep my label design centered on the label? Are the colors vibrant and without streaks? How does the ink usage compare in price to laser ink in general? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

no tips for you but the young i ordered some wedding labels from on Etsy uses this machine and the labels were beautfiul, vibrant and centered on round 2" label stock. They looked so nice that I have even considered getting one of the machines.

some printers are just lemons!!

I have had cheap canon printers that were perfect and then more expensive HP printers that sucked

HP said it was my print shop program, Print shop people said it was my HP printer,

anyway I have a hp now that works perfect everytime

I have had the Primera 400 for a number of years. I still have problems getting my labels centered but the printer does make very nice labels. No smear, fairly waterproof and good color and clarity. The only real problem I have with the printer is that it wastes 2-3 labels every time you start a new job. If you are using the same size labels and just changing say the fragrance or something like that, don't tear off the label in between changes or it will start over and waste that 2-3 labels. Did that make sense?

In other words, everytime you start a printing job loading labels from the start of the roll, it will advance 2-3 labels before it recognizes a good label to print on, thereby wasting the first 2-3 labels.

Other than that, I have been very happy with the printer and it does have a fairly good software program for making your own labels.

Good luck!

So I will still have troubles with centering? Ahhh shoot. I don't want to spend that much and still have troubles with the labels being off. Is there a trick to it or another program or printer/ label maker that will get them on center? Can anyone tell me what they have that works? TIA

Dana, I love my 400 and have had it for about 2 years. Once you get your label set up you shouldn't have a problem on the next label of the same size. I have a notebook and write down every number to be sure I put those same numbers back in the next time I want that same size label.

Yes, you do waste at least 2-3 labels. I found if I wait until I have quite a few jobs to print, I just key them in one after another and you don't lose any labels except for the first one. Hope that makes sense. I think they are well worth the money. The ribbons aren't cheap when you have to re-order either.

Good luck!

Rae

Don't get me wrong, I also love my P400. The times that I really have trouble getting the labels to line up is when I change label size. It just seems a little hard to get a new roll of labels loaded right. And maybe sometimes that comes from trying to do things too fast. (user error!)

I would certainly recommend the printer to anyone who wants to do their own labels. Especially if you want waterproof labels, like for bath and body products. You just can't get the kind of smear proof labels with a regular printer and labels.