My first soap recipe help!!

icecold

OK so I am finally ready to try my first soap and I know I should just do a 1 or 2 oil soap first but I think I would like to try this, let me know what you think and any input would be greatly appreciated. Do you think I could make this soap without the crisco? What percentages of the other oils should I up?

Olive Oil 35%

Coconut oil 30%

Crisco 25%

SAO 5%

Castor 5%

OK so I am finally ready to try my first soap and I know I should just do a 1 or 2 oil soap first but I think I would like to try this, let me know what you think and any input would be greatly appreciated. Do you think I could make this soap without the crisco? What percentages of the other oils should I up?

Olive Oil 35%

Coconut oil 30%

Crisco 25%

SAO 5%

Castor 5%

You could make it without the Crisco. You could sub Lard or Palm for it, but it would change the properties.

You could also take the 25% Crisco and add it to your Olive, but it could be soft for awhile.

My skin can't take that much coconut. It dries me out something bad, no matter what else is in the recipe.

Good Luck and have fun!

Thanks for the ideas, I am staying away from lard as I would like all veg soap. Does just Olive oils and coconut oil with the SAO and castor make a good bar of soap? If so what percentages do you think would be good for each?

70% Olive

15% Coconut

10% SAO

5% Castor

Run that through a lye calc and see if you like it.

With it being that high in OO, it could be more $$ to make and take alot longer to cure if you use full water.

My advice: If you haven't ever made CP soap, make 100% OO.

That will show you how it behaves without rushing you. You will have PLENTY of time. Make a small 2# batch.

The best way to find out if you like something is to try it.

But most of all HAVE FUN!!!!:cheesy2: