Heating Jars

I was just wondering what methods everyone using when heating their jars. I have tried a heat gun but can seem to get an even heat I end up with wet spots.

The last batch I did I put them in the oven on my hold setting (which is 175 degrees) with the door partly open. So far no wet spots. I am not sure at what temp. would be too hot and stress the jars. Next time I am going to test the temp of the jars to see just how hot they get.

Kay

I use a toaster oven on the lowest setting.

And I try to pour when the jar is not too hot and can be handled by my bare hands. If it is too hot to the touch, then I find I get frosting when it cools.

However, I'm still a newbie and working out the kinks with GW 464 so take this with a grain of salt :)

I have never heated my jars except for the time it got really cold in the room I was pouring and I put them near the woodstove while in their boxes. I guess I have never heard of doing this. So not to sound silly but is this after you poured or before you pour...lol

Doesnt sound like something I would do as when I pour candles I wouldn't have room in my toaster oven or my oven for the amount I pour at a time. But was just curious what made you decide to do this.

We have a turkey fryer that we can fit enough jars and our pour pot in. Since we pour in the basement, it is pretty cold and the jars ended up looking nasty if they weren't warmed.

If we needed to pick up the pace and pour more than that at a time, we may have to look into pouring in a warmer area.

The other problem I see is that when we pick up our jars from the manufacturer, they have a film on them and we have to wash them all. We tried just wiping with a baby wipe, but you pretty much have to wipe the whole thing down - outside so the name/logo label will stick, outside bottom sothe warning label will stick, inside bottom so the wick stickums will stick and the upper inside so there is not a foggy look to it after the pour.

Two big problems if we ever get "big"!!! lol