Sat. Show, people are buying

gerrie

It seems people are buying more this year than last year. I did 11x at my show yesterday, but I also had problems selling some of my new items, such as body sprays and bath melts. Glad I'm having a home show next Fri night so I can explain and show people what these are all about. It snowed all day long, but people came out anyway. I HATED (yes, I'm screaming) my setup. Last year I had 2 10' tables, and so this year when I asked for 2 large tables I expected the same. I ended up with a 8' and a 6' table. That is a HUGE difference when you have a setup that needs that extra 6'. I ended up with B&B products mixed in with candles, and items stacked in front of other items, it was a total mess. There is nothing I hate more than a crowded messy looking display, and that is exactly what I had. Here are a few pictures, people were coming in early and since I didn't have the space I planned on it took me longer to figure out what I was going to do, so I didn't get to take pictures till there was a lull in the crowd.

post-377-139458387472_thumb.jpg

post-377-139458387477_thumb.jpg

I think you did a great job with your last minute rearranging - bummer you lost that extra space. Glad the people seemed to be in a buying mood - your product looks very inticing. Like the shutter shelves on the table, first time I think that I've seen short ones as a table top - looks good!

I think you did a GREAT job organizing all that you had with the smaller tables-dontcha hate when someone changes something on ya and doesn't say anything?? :rolleyes:

I want to see your candle/tin labels closer up those are looking mighty spiffy from what I can tell, but now I wanna get a better look at 'em!! :D

I too REALLY like the small shutter shelves, very classy in the center there Gerrie.

Sounds like you did really well, and I'm sure you'll be able to sell those newer products at your home show, you'll be a little more relaxed and be able to really talk 'em up. :)

Take more pics. when you have that one. ;)

Thanks for all the nice comments, but believe me, in person it did not look good at all. I really think I could have sold more if I had more space. It gets crowded looking and I think people just look over what's actually there.

My labels that I use for my candles are all the same, just different sizes, so here is one of my tarts, just to give you an idea of what they are like. DH has the camera so I can't take one of my jars or tins.

post-377-139458387562_thumb.jpg