JW-9900 vs IGI 6006

After reading the benefits/drawbacks of soy, paraffin and soy/paraffin blends mentioned in the forums here, I'm leaning toward getting a good parasoy blend for my containers. I do not want to make my own at this point since I am so inexperienced.

I've sort of narrowed it down to the two mentioned above. I like the description of JW-9900 on Just By Nature's website in that "no cure time" is required (I'm so impatient!). But IGI 6006 will be a little cheaper for me, and I like that I can get it from several different sources.

Has anyone used either or both and, if so, do you recommend these waxes? Which do you prefer? What kind of cure time are you using for 6006?

So far, I've tried IGI 4630, which is working okay for me. Decent CT and HT, looks creamy, but glass adhesion is a mess, and I'm having a harder time wicking this wax (mushrooms, etc). I've also tried Genwax's SB 1000 parasoy blend. CT/HT seems better to me so far than 4630 and wicking seems easier, but it looks like a harder wax (not creamy), shrinks away from the container (but uniformly at least) and requires a second pour.

Thanks!

I've tried many waxes. Between the IGI 6006 and the JW9900, I prefer the JW 9900 from JBN. I think is it very similar to Joywax from NG, which I really like.

Though the website tells us that no cure time is necessary, I still let it cure for a couple of days at least. A few months ago the 6006 gave me very unexpected results with a particular fragrance, an FO that always smelled great in all other waxes, but when I used it with the 6006, eeekkk, it was nothing short of nasty, lol.

In order of preference, from highest rating to lowest, my gavorite waxes are:

Candlewic blend (contains no soy, I use it for tarts and tried candles as well)

CBL 129 (candles and tarts)

Joywax

IGI 4630

IGI 4786

GB 415

C-3

HTH:smiley2:

Where are you located? If you are near Ohio, I have a few cases of the Joy wax (very similar if not the same as JBN 9900) I'd like to sell. I was blending it around the holidays since I was pouring in the garage and no heat to speak of, so it helped with the frosting. But now that I am back in the basement, no need for it. Let me know. :smiley2:

I love the JW 9900. Great hot and cold throw, beautiful appearance and little to no wetspots. Wish it was available at more than one supplier though. It probably is, but they all rename their blends. Hate to get locked in to one with suppliers dropping like flys.

Where are you located? If you are near Ohio, I have a few cases of the Joy wax (very similar if not the same as JBN 9900) I'd like to sell. I was blending it around the holidays since I was pouring in the garage and no heat to speak of, so it helped with the frosting. But now that I am back in the basement, no need for it. Let me know. :smiley2:

Hi Dana. I'm in California. Bummer. Thanks anyway.