Jump to content

textured soap..nope!! instead I gots me some crackin' soap


Recommended Posts

I tried to texture my soap last night..left the top off of my wooden mold in all of its soapy glory let it set up and do its thang!

then this morning I went to check on it..and cracks a bound!! but the texture is still there..weird!

its about 60 degrees in the house..

I am guessing I am destined NOT to have textured tops..that or have textured tops with cracks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds like it overheated. Wood molds really hold the heat in. DH once made me a mold using oak even thought I asked for it to be made with pine. Oak is too dense and this mold held the heat in to where every batch overheated regardless of what I did.

If it really bothers you, just trim the tops. Or leave it and the cracks can be part of the texture and look.

Edited by Meridith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...