peaks performance blend container wax

I've been testing this and finding I have to do a 2nd pour as the top is slightly concave by the next morning. Have those of you who used it been able to do only a single pour? If so, what pour temp did you use? I poured at 155 and wasn't sure if I need to change this.

Hi,

I have been testing this wax also and found that mine are concave in the morning also only in my quart jars, my jelly jars are fine. I don't get it. I have been pouring around 160. I havn't burned any yet. Have you?? How was the hot scent throw. I wanted to get more but they are sold out. So I have been looking for a wax to get just to play with any suggestions??

Heidi

Yes, I burned mine already. Both hot and cold throw are good! :) Had to wick up though - used to use 44-24-18Z with 4786 in standard 8 oz jelly jar; now have to use 44-32-18Z. With the old wick, I couldn't quite get a full melt pool, and flame was a bit weak. Fewer wet spots than 4786. Now everything going good, just trying to see if it's possible to really achieve a one pour. Oh, and I really like how easily it's cut - no need for hammer anymore, in fact I could just break off hunks with my hand.

Hi everyone!!!,,,I have been testing this too,,I use 16oz. Wide mouth Kerr jars with a 51z and I like it,,it has an awesome hot/cold throw,,,It is consuming off the sides very well,,,melt pool is about 1/2 inch,,,burned for 3 hours,,,so far so good,,,,poured @ 165 in heated jars,,,,Have had to do re-pours (only one),,,,it sunk right down the center weird but it seems to be okay so far,,,getting ready for the second burn,,,,,I think I had bad shrinkage due to a cold kitchen:rolleyes2 ,,so my DH is helping me set up in another room of the house,,,,,so I will make another tester in warmer room,,,;) I hope everyone is doing well during the holidays,,,,

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE,,,,HO! HO! HO!

My DH says " Bah Humbug" LOLOL hes is really a sweetheart,,,,

I love this wax. It is a little tricky..it's temperamental for sure. Pouring slowly helps a LOT, and pouring cool helps a little. I almost always have one pour behavior from this wax, but every once in awhile it will need a teeny repour, it's hardly ever, and when I need to do it, it's hardly any wax at all.

8oz and 16oz masons regular with a 51z wick

8oz and 16oz masons wide mouth & 60z wick

Cold throw is mostly great..only have had two that have a weak C throw...Hot throw is soooo great, I think even better than J223, which is what I was using before I did the big switch-a-roo. BUT...if you hate wet spots, I think they are actually worse with this wax than the J's. I don't mind them at all, but I know there are some of you who just can not tolerate them.

I am having the same problem when I pour after it cools I have a concave in the middle. I have allowed my wax to cool a good bit before pouring and I have not had a concave since. Am I wrong in doing this or should I use a hotter pour. I am new to all this and I am testing different methods to get a flat smooth top. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Terry:)