Well I made it through my first show

Mnhorsemom

Did my first show yesterday! I did 12x my booth fee(which sounds like a lot but the fee was only $35 :rolleyes2 ) Anyway, it was snowing on and off most of the day and there was two other craft show with in 20 miles of us so the crowds were down quite a bit from what they said they had in past years. Did soy containers and B&B. Candles sold the best. I was dissapointed that much of the B&B didn't move. I had shea/mango cp soap in a cello bag with a poofie for $5 and only sold 3 (now what do I do with the other 50 or so that I have LOL) Had some cute bath salt tubes with metal caps for $3 and they didn't do too well either. Did sell a few jars of whipped shea and lip balms went pretty good. I am thinking about maybe trying to find someone to do a home show before Christmas cause I sure don't have room to store all this stuff. All in all I am pretty happy with the out come and now I know I can make it thru a show!

I agree with the home show. You usually don't have time to talk to each person who comes into your booth at a show and explain all your products to them, but at a home show you get to actually talk to the people and tell them the benefits of each product you make. THEN...they buy and get hooked and will be back for more. Some people don't even know what a bath melt is, so then it's hard to sell if you can't explain how wonderful they are in the bath.

But you should be proud of how well you did.

I had my first craft show followed by my first home shows a couple weeks later and couldn't believe the difference. I love doing home shows now! I hope you can find someone, I think you'll really enjoy it. Sounds like you did great at the craft show though!