Been researching hurricane waxes

It's been some time since I purchase new hurricane wax and, of course, since then many brands have become difficult to find. I've used Genwax's and BCN's and found Genwax's to not be as transluscent as I'd like. Has anyone tried Peak's new hurricane was? They have such a great reputation here that I was thinking I'd like to try their wax this time. If Candlewic were closer to the West Coast I'd definitely go with them but the shipping is just about the same amount as the case of wax! Any help is appreciated.

TIA

Sheryl, Norcal

I use Lone Star Candle Supply's hurricane wax. When I do it correctly (I'm new and not good at this candle thing!), the pic comes out nice. I posted a pic of my wedding photo that I did in the gallery a while back. Link below if you're interested. Haven't tried Peak yet...

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7672&highlight=wedding+hurricane

Thanks to both of you. The closest possible "local" supplier other than Genwax would be Cierra Candle Supply. She carries some IGI waxes but nothing in the higher melt point range and she's in Reno Nevada. I never gave Lone Star a thought when it came to waxes! I just finished pushing the order button for some of Candlewic's 5055 that Donita uses and likes so I'm looking forward to trying it. But that wedding candle did look very pretty too so I have another option next time!

Sheryl

I have tried Peaks. I had some cracking on the outside of the picture that I embedded and I have never had that problem before. I was using 1260. It could be something I have done cause out of 3 of them that I did the other day one came out perfect. The wax seems to cool alot faster than the 1260 and comes right out of the mold. I will continue to try it. It is in powder form so no pounding on the drive way.lol