"Poly" bags

eli

Can you all wise ones please tell me that "poly" bags are the same as polypropylene bags? They said these bags were for crafts, so just wanted to check & make sure.

Thanks so much for your help with this!!!!!

Well, I bought them at Hobby Lobby, so I'm guessing they are not the bags I need then........bummer.

Would the polyethylene bags be ok to use for melts & ornies - not sucking all the frangrance out?

Edited by eli

From what I understand the polyethylene will suck it out. But the thing to do would be to try to contact the mfg, or maybe you can find someone at Hobby Lobby that can contact the mfg, and find out for sure what they're made of. Somebody on here did that a while back - can't remember now which local store they had purchased the "poly" bags at - but I recall being quite surprised that they where the polypropylene.

Maybe somebody here will remember.

I don't agree with wilsonswix. I have polypro from Uline that do not tear like cello. And I have used the 4x6 poly bags from Hobby Lobby (candy dept) for a few years now for air fresheners and they are fine. Don't deteriorate and don't suck the scent out.

• 2 weeks later...
it depends on where you get them from I think. A lot of the "poly" are polyethylene. I know that is true at Associated Bag, for example.

I've been buying polypro bags from Associated for years and years. They carry both.

http://www.associatedbag.com/category.asp?cn=ABC&c1=BAG&p1=BAG%5FG150&c2=BH05&Pg=1

Edited by SliverOfWax
add link

I've been buying polypro bags from Associated for years and years. They carry both.

http://www.associatedbag.com/category.asp?cn=ABC&c1=BAG&p1=BAG%5FG150&c2=BH05&Pg=1

Yep, that's where I get my polypro bags too. But I asked them about the ones they have names as "Poly" in the catalog/online and they told me if it just says "Poly" then it is polyethylene. The other bags have the full name.

So I always make sure when I'm looking I click on the polypro link. ;)

• 3 years later...
I've recently started using Twinsource. They have the best selection and BY FAR the best pricing on poly bags online. They are located in Minnesota, but even with shipping costs are 50% lower than uline.

http://www.twinsourcesupply.com/subcat.php?prod_group=Packaging+Supplies&category=Poly+Bags

SUPER TACKY "Sport" !!!

You do a search and find a thread that is over three years old and disguise yourself as a friendly and helpful fellow crafter

giving unsolicited advice on a dead thread.

Didn't you realize that your member name would reveal your true motive for posting here?

I have two shops which require the use of a lot of bags and packaging, but I can assure you that they won't be purchased from a supplier who resorts to such common and deceptive marketing practices as you have displayed in several postings on this board.

Worst wishes for your business!