Wanted to share insurance I found

I've been shopping around for insurance and so far the best I've found is through the Ohio Arts and Crafts Guild. It is open to anyone who lives in PA, IL, IN, OH, and MI. The annual premium is $340, plus $35 membership fee, so about $375/year. This covers premise and product liability at $500k, then also the value of your items at shows, your home, or in transit for like $10k. There is also the option to increase both of the these coverage amounts for a little bit more of a premium each month. Website for Ohio Arts and Crafts Guild is: http://www.oacg.org/

I know everyone is looking for ways to save some money, so I hope this helps some of my fellow crafters out there!

I clicked on the site, but don't see any info about insurance. Do you have to sign-up to become a member first?

ETS: Found it,..had to clicked on member benefits. duh!

http://www.browerinsurance.com/default.asp?sitekey=454091136&key=11231616

So if you enroll Apr.1st your starting price is even cheaper (mid-year enrollment)?

THANKS FOR SHARING WITH ALL OF US,..THATS THE BEST DEAL I"VE SEEN YET!!

Leisa

Edited by leisa2003

I have insurance with them and have since I started. It is very reasonable and you will find many insurance companies will not return calls for candle insurance.I got that from some.

I get the $1,000,000 coverage for just $35 more a year.

Brower said they were wanting to expand and get more states on their list. I am sure they will eventually.

Some candlemakers pay over $1,000 a year so we are lucky. :smiley2:

LynnS

Isbennis.

Contact them.Seems like when I talked to them they said they have interests from other states. Maybe FLA will be one they add if you show a interest.

Probably takes time. I have no idea what they go through to add more but they talk like it will happen. Just not sure where they will be offering it.

I called them about another question.Thanked them for offering such good coverage for the price and they said they want to add more states and were looking into it.

LynnS

I made a call to Brower, and they are very nice people. Sadly, they don't write policies in Missouri, but said they'd be happy to scout for a broker who might have something comparable and would contact me if they added my state into their coverage group.

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know of any companies in the Texas area that insure candle businesses?

Some Texans shared their info in another thread here in the business forum... If you search the forum, or simply skim the past few pages of recent posts on the insurance subject, it should be easy to find as it wasn't that long ago... HTH :)

Aha - found it:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87965

Edited by Stella1952

Its hard to believe how much you guys pay for your insurance over there in comparision to what amount you are covered for.

I guess we are lucky here in that we pay $285 / year and that covers us for 10 million public liability as well as 10 million product liability. Guess they dont call Australia the lucky country for nothing :)

I live in Ohio and called my local insurance agent. They only have a couple companies that they deal with that provide product liability insurance. I told her about the Ohio Arts Guild and their price and she told me to get it, you will not find anything close to that price.