Bath bomb help..........

Ashleigh

Okay I know this subject has been beat over and over!

I TRIED to make a batch of Elizabeth's recipe that she posted and well it bombed.... Out of the five I made only one stayed together.. One fizzled up and expanded, second batch was too crumbly.

Okay with the one that was crumbly I was able to spray it down and save it a little bit, it took form and looked perfect but after it sat for a few hrs it discolored..Now I have saw many of them on here very nice pretty colors...

I'm still working on getting them to stick right but as far as the coloring what can I do to get it right?

Also for the ones that uses a meatballer: do you stick the bathbomb still inside the meatballer in the oven? That is the only way I have been able to keep them in shape and stuck together..

Thanks so much for the help everyone! ;)

Ash

I have a spray bottle set aside for bathbombs. If anyone where to touch the nozzle on mine they will be sorry!!! :mad: I do 25 sprays from my bottle. I use witch hazel. I use a meatballer and have tried doing the ornaments. I have better luck with the meatballer. I don't use the oven. I hit them with a heat gun.

Did you follow elizabeths recipies exactly or did you modify it? How many sprays did you do? I sprayed mine about 30 times before initial molding,(5 - 10 sprays mix, spray more , mix , spray more , mix) and a time or two after if it seemed dry. I did have to modify the oils I used in the recipie inorder for it to stick together well. I swapped 50% of the oil with Castor oil. I also dropped the epsom salt to 1/4 cup to stop them from fizzing.

Mell I did the same as you this last time but also found if i mix in the oils into the dry mix THEN mix in the Citric Acid last it doesnt react even when I spritz it... Now just getting them sprayed enough to not crumble after they are unmolded!

Ash