Please help oils mixed with mango butter

*Dee*

ok so i got my mango butter but olive oil leaked into the bag. columbus foods said to just melt it down and put it in the freezer to solidify and it would be ok. now my question is exactley how do i do this ?

will the olive oil seperate from the butter ? i need step by step directions ive never done this before. thanks

Here is a pic of the Mango,..

r1di13.jpg

I did call Columbus Foods and Mike said to melt it all down and it should all harden again and then it should look like its supposed to. Mike said mango can do this (he called it something) can't remember,...but I sent him pics too, but he never got to calling Dee before closing of the day.

Dee didn't lose as much Olive Oil as it looks to be in the bag,..I know Kokum looks like this sitting at room temp.

Has anyone else seen this??

ETS: I know everyone else in the CO-OP said their butters look fine, like they should, so I just posted because I don't mess with butters myself, to know anything about this.

Edited by leisa2003

And another pic,..

aagjo3.jpg

Dee,..is the darkness on the edge from the cell phone, or is the butter that dark?

When packing this up,..I never completely opened the whole bag and take the butter out, I just shipped it to Dee.

I certainly hope that Mike says this butter is ok,..and if not, he will make good by it. Anyone ever have any problems with orders from Columbus Foods??

Edited by leisa2003

thats how dark the butter is. but i scraped it with a butterknife and it is very thin layer. and it almost has a blueish tint to it, so i wonder if because it was wet soem of the dye of the bag rubbed off onto the butter ? i could scrape it with my nail and it was creme colored right under that real thin layer.

thats how dark the butter is. but i scraped it with a butterknife and it is very thin layer. and it almost has a blueish tint to it, so i wonder if because it was wet soem of the dye of the bag rubbed off onto the butter ? i could scrape it with my nail and it was creme colored right under that real thin layer.

Well hopefully someone who has done co-op's from Columbus Foods in the past will chime in on this.

Dee, when I brought home all the butters, I had to put them on my porch where it is cold, because the butters themselves started to melt at room temp and they did look like that.

1 oz, or a couple oz. of Olive Oil, is not going to solidify with and ruin your 9 lbs. of Mango. I would be more concerned with the discoloration,..and to find out if the blue bag that the butter comes in can actually dis-color the butter.

Edited by leisa2003

the weird thing is, i melted it down last night in the crock pot. then i poured it into a bowl and put it in the freezer. there was never a oil seperation on top nor on the bottom. and for the heck of it i took some of the liquid and put it in the fridge and it solidified in there. the color is yellow, it doesnt have any greenish or brownish tint to it like olive oil does. so i have wonder if it wasent just the butter melting ?

ive never used mango before so i dont know if it melts easier.

sorry i deleted some pm's. im sure columbus would have the lot number wouldnt they ?

If not,..I have my receipt and that was the only box of Mango I purchased.

Mike just seemed very stern and in denial of any mold.:rolleyes2

I was on hold for over 1 hr. yesterday for him.

I'm on with them again now.

Edited by leisa2003

He told me it mottles which is why it looked like it was wax pellets. and that is completly normal when the butter warms up. he said the grey part is not anything to worry about. he said they test every batch that they get in, they take samples and get it analyzed. so he said he stands 100% behind it and he would feel comfortable giving it to his kids.

Well its up to you what you want to do,..I just talked to another manager and he said they will take care of it, (didn't say for sure),..but wanted a copy of my credit card #. So, let me know what you want to do,..before I send him any of my personal information.

Leisa

Edited by leisa2003

I would love it if they would just replace it, then i would know for sure everything is ok and not have to worry about it.

Ok,..I will try to see if they will just send you a box of Mango,..if so,..would you mind replacing Angel2006 her 1 lb,..so we dont have you paying for shipping again from me?

Leisa

Edited by leisa2003

OK Dee,..Columbus Foods is sending a request into the credit dept, to issue me a refund on my credit card.

So,..I hope they get back with me, to let me know for sure that, that is what they are for sure going to do.

ETS: Just so that you know,..the guy I have talked today, his name is Terry.

I am alittle leary of them, they did over bill me when I placed the order,..which I need to check my credit card yet for that.

Leisa

Edited by leisa2003

great! keep me updated on what is going on.

i hope you can get yours figured out and if you did over pay they will refund you.

I just checked,..yeah it was credited to my acct 3 days after I placed the co-op order.

I don't think we'll have any further problems.

I will keep you updated hun!!

Leisa

Thanks so much Leisa. i am glad they credited you. hopefully they will again for the mango butter.

i want you to know, in no way shape or form do i blame you what so ever for this. you have been right with me since last night trying to figure out what is going on. so thank you for helping me with this.

Thanks so much Leisa. i am glad they credited you. hopefully they will again for the mango butter.

i want you to know, in no way shape or form do i blame you what so ever for this. you have been right with me since last night trying to figure out what is going on. so thank you for helping me with this.

Dee, your fine,..It has just been alot of work. I have the co-op going and then my sales from my business online all at once to deal with,..and then the worst part of all the work is that my whole down-stairs seems to be just OILY to me,..like it's everywhere,..and I only kept it all in one room.

I will never want to do another oil/butter co-op again. YUK!!!:lipsrseal

Leisa and I just got off the phone with Mike. he was very nice and understood the concern with the butter with us not knowing if it was 100% ok to use. so he is sending me a call tag from ups to pick up the butter so he can test it to make sure it is ok. and he issued a refund for the 10 pounds of mango.

I thought he was a very nice guy, leisa and i were actually on the phone with him for what, almost 2 hours lol. he was very helpful. he was just confused because he talked to 2 different people so he had us both on the phone at the same time lol

so anyways, columbus foods did us good, and i for one will be purchasing from there again.