How do you get rid of tiny bubbles in M&P soap?

micayla75

I am new to M&P and was trying to make some soap using BB LCP clear M&P soap. I only added color and fragrance, but all of my soaps have tiny little bubbles in them. Otherwise, they look and smell fantastic! I sprayed the mold with alcohol for one set and it still happened. Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Thanks so much!

pour really slow and low into your mold, dont stir it to much or you will just get tons of tiny air bubbles

gently tap the mold on the counter then spray the top of the soap with alcohol, you will see the bubbles rise up and spray again.

but i think its mainly from over stir...you have to be easy on that with clear mp

Alcohol is used mainly for soap bubbles on the top of your soap. Spritz lightly and you will see the soap bubbles disolve. Another use for alcohol is to hold layers together. But it won't get rid of air bubbles inside your base.

Are you seeing air bubbles in the finished unmolded soap? I have seen it in my melted clear base before but the air bubbles tend to rise and disperse as the base cools and gels in the mold. I don't see air bubbles in my finished soap.

How are you stirring your base? You aren't using a blender or whisk are you? Those would incorporate air into your base. I use the stick end of my wooden spoon to stir and stir/blend gently.

Also, another thought is, are you heating your base enough so that the air bubbles have enough time to disperse before your base starts to gel in the mold? I heat my base up to 155 degrees and start adding my additives. This gives it time to cool down before I pour into my mold.