how to prevent honey from separating in m & p soaps?

elliebelle

I use honey all the time. I put it in my already melted base and mix thoroughly. It blends right in that way. I use about 1 tbs per lb. I've found more tends to compromise the lather.

The only honey I use is local and not the commercial ones sold at the supermarket. I get my honey from local craft fairs or my health food shop that are produced and bottled right here in the valley.

Edited by Candybee

when do you add honey to the melted m&p soap base so it won't separate out?

Thanks!

Sounds like the base may not be hot enough. Check the temp. I add my honey when the base is around 140 - 155 degrees. It melts right in but you have to stir thoroughly to blend it in.

Hi Ellie

I'm very new to all of this as well :rolleyes2

I am wondering what type of honey you used? I (one time so far LOL) used an organic honey I found at my grocery store. This honey is very firm, if you were to use it on anything you would almost have to spoon it out. I added it as soon as I removed the soap from the microwave and stirred like crazy until the lump of honey melted. I did not have any issues with seepage. If you can find a product like this you may want to work with that first. Again I am no expert :tiptoe:

Hope this helps