Few questions about incense sticks

cybersix

Hi all, I'm giving a try at incense, now I'm burning one scented Red Clove (ugh not my fav scent, but the first I had on hand LOL).

Since here I didn't know where to find DPG, I talked to one of my coworker, she's a chemist, I explained her what I needed and for what, she thought about it a bit and gave me something which she says it's the same (don't ask me, she made her thinking and came up with that, saying it accomplishes the same task.

Ok, so now my incense is burning, but since I do not use incense, I don't know what I should expect.

It makes a bit of smoke coming from the lit part, I think it's normal, when I lit it it made a flame I had to estinguish blowing on it.. right?

How much time should a stick last? It's 40 minutes now, and it's almost half length.

I can say it's throwing like a mad, scent is filling completely the house..

Thanks in advance to anyone who will have the patience to explain me the incense A-B-C!!!

Yes, incense is supposed to smoke. They say if it smokes too much then you can lower the amount of FO to DPG. I never seemed to have to do that, although, my husband is the one who does all the testing for me and he has never complained about too much smoke. I don't care to have incense burning in my house so he uses it out in his shop.

The longest burn time for my incense has been 1 hour so it looks like your incense is burning just about right.

HTH

Thank you for your reply, I guess it's almost ok.

I will wait another day before testing another stick so it'll get a bit more dry, and some other I will give to my BF who's used to burn incense.

I'm not disappointed at all, maybe the fo is a bit too strong for my taste.

Thanks again!