Okay Newbie to cp soap???

smart

I have seen all of your cp soaps and they are wonerful I would like to give it a try. I hear you all having so much fun and want to join in. What would I need to start maybe a small batch I am so confused on this issue as I am a candle maker lol there seems to be forever info about this and it seems very hard

:confused:

There's lots of different recipe's that you could try but I'm going to suggest this one because the materials aren't overly expensive or hard to find. One trip to a large grocery store or a Super Wal-Mart and you'll be set for oils.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25595

You might also take a peek at some of the videos on YouTube on how to do CP soaping. They are pretty helpful at showing what trace is. Words just don't do it justice, showing it is a much better way to understand.

Edited by Starr
Super awkward sentences!

I'm new to cp soap too, but I can tell you what I did to prepare for my first batch which I just made less than a week ago.

I researched, researched, researched, on this site and on sites like the one mentioned earlier. I bought the Everything Soapmaking Book. I watched You Tube videos to get a visual of what the process would be like. I familiarized myself with Soapcalc. I have to admit that it was confusing when I first took a look at it, but after playing around with it for a bit, I figured out how simple it really is. I wrote up a checklist of EVERYTHING I would need to make my first batch, including safety gear. I decided to start out with the Beginner's Soap Recipe and tweeked it a bit, for example I wanted to use castor oil too. I liked the fact that I could get everything I needed at a local store. I built up my supplies, and then finally built up the courage to make my first batch! And now, I can't wait to make another!

It may seem confusing now, but once you do the research needed, you'll find that it's not as hard as what you first thought. Have fun!

Edited by kestagano04

Your right read listen and watch.My husband says I sleep live and breath this stuff. I have been reading every thing on here over and over I know it will be needed and who don't need more brain food lol.

Thanks so much I will let you know how it turns out in the future.

Good luck in your soaps I am sure they are great