Sugar Scrub Cube ?

candlelady

I followed this recipe to the T, set up well, looks good, however, when I use the cube, it's leaving a wax/filmy build up in the sink and little clumps of the cube that didn't "melt".

I went and used one of SYR single use cubes from the Tester Swap and it was the same in texture, etc... but it didn't leave that waxy/filmy residue.

What could it be? The Ewax? All the ingredients were purchased from WSP, except the Ewax & M&P soap which I already had.

This is the recipe from WSP. They look wonderful! I'd post pic, but left my camera at the office.

• 16 Ounce(s) White Sugar

• 4 Tablespoon(s) Clay - Kaolin clay

• 4 Ounce(s) Emulsifying Wax

• 4 Ounce(s) Shea Butter

• 2 Ounce(s) Crafter's Choice Extra Clear MP Soap Base

• 8 grams Phenonip

• 4 Teaspoon(s) Jojoba Oil

• 2 grams Vitamin E

• 4 Tablespoon(s) Polysorbate 20

• 1 Tablespoon(s) Liquid Lake Yellow 6

• 2 Teaspoon(s) Fragrance Oil (your choice)

Thanks for any help.

Carrie

WSP recipe:

• 4 Ounce(s) Shea Butter

• 8 grams Phenonip

• 2 grams Vitamin E

OK, so I've been searching for other recipes and came across one that only required oil, sugar, clear M&P soap and FO.

Melt soap, add to oil, add color and FO, then sugar, pour into molds, let's set up and cut. Of course, there should be some sort of preservative....

Now the recipe on WSP site requires, e-wax, shea, vit E, Polysorbate 20. Why these extra ingredients?

I did want to say that instead of using e-wax in my cubes, I used beeswax which is why they feel more waxy than they probably should. Right?

Here are my pics. I like how they came out, just not how the perform. I'm making more this weekend - actually testing some recipes.

Thanks

Carrie

post-5219-139458461613_thumb.jpg

post-5219-139458461622_thumb.jpg

WSP recipe:

• 4 Ounce(s) Shea Butter

• 8 grams Phenonip

• 2 grams Vitamin E

OK, so I've been searching for other recipes and came across one that only required oil, sugar, clear M&P soap and FO.

Melt soap, add to oil, add color and FO, then sugar, pour into molds, let's set up and cut. Of course, there should be some sort of preservative....

Now the recipe on WSP site requires, e-wax, shea, vit E, Polysorbate 20. Why these extra ingredients?

I did want to say that instead of using e-wax in my cubes, I used beeswax which is why they feel more waxy than they probably should. Right?

Here are my pics. I like how they came out, just not how the perform. I'm making more this weekend - actually testing some recipes.

Thanks

Carrie

If you want a nice mold in cubes, go to AC Moore or Michaels and get the Wilton mold it has 24 mini squares for about $10. I love it for sugar cubes. I think the reason for the e-wax is to make it firm, Shea to help harden & to help moisturize, Vit. E to help with oxidation & Poly 20 I forget for sure why but it might help with suds.

HTH

Carol

This mold is AWESOME for them... my friend makes them and this is the mold she uses:

http://www.amazon.com/Tovolo-Perfect-Cube-Silicone-Trays/dp/B000QIU7X6/ref=pd_sbs_k_1

I dont think thats where she bought hers.. I know she got them in store somewhere (Target maybe?), but they are the Tovolo ones. They work AMAZING, perfect little cubes... she pours them, lets them sit overnight, pops it in the freezer in the morning for 10-25min or so and they pop right out. One is more than enough for a bath. I use hers before I shave my legs, it makes it so much easier! The only thing stopping me from making them too is I dont have any melt&pour and dont want to buy any... but I might have to, I cant keep trading her candles for the stuff, I use too much of it :laugh2: