Lowes Roebic Lye ?

*Dee*

is this it ?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=102989-331-GSS%20-%20GRANULAR%20SEPTI&detail=desc&lpage=none

thats all i am finding on lowes, and thats what our local lowes has. but it doesnt say anywhere on it 100% sodium hydroxide. and its only 16 oz. everyone else says it will say 100% sodium hydroxide and it will be 2 pounds.

I'm pretty sure that's not lye, although I have been wrong before, LOL. Neither the Lowes or Home Depot near me sell lye anymore. don't know if it's the same everywhere.

You have to be carefull, too because some of them contain metal falkes.

Edited by nursenancy

thanks. i must not be able to get it locally at lowes then. im wondering if ace will have it. they closed at 4 so i cant call and they arent open on sundays. but on their website they only sell it in 12 packs for 53.88.. thats 4.49 per pound. i wonder if locally they sell just 1 bottle lol

well i looked at the lye guy in ny and since i am in pa it is cheaper. he has a buy 6 and get one of them free. so my total for 6 of the 2 pound bottles is 26.25 then it would be 12 something for fedex shipping. so just under 40.00 and i can get the same amount shipped to me that i could get at ace for 53.88 so i can save buying online. and they are only 4.5 hours from me so if i ever wanted to buy in bulk i could even for a co-op :)

I can find it at my Lowe's. It's not in the cleaning supplies, but in the plumbing supplies. It's a tube-shaped container, 32 oz., and it says right on the front, 100% Lye. It's about $12.50. I bought it as an emergency. Probably cheaper elsewhere on the internet.