Problems with C3 wax looks like soap in it

I had ordered 2 50lbs of the c3 container wax from CW which there c3 wax is made by Elevance. So I have 100lbs in my water jacket melter and it looks all bubble like soap and when it harden up it looks like cottage cheese. The lot number is L9I29. Waiting to hear if they will do anything on it. Anyone else having a problem?

Hey Mtt.. I feel your pain..:( It happened to me once.

But here is a thread about C-3 issue that may help...

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79910&highlight=bad+batch+c-3

THE LOT# YOU HAVE IS THE SAME ONE PEOPLE WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IN THE ABOVE LINK!!

(Page 6 of thread - blt212 has the same lot as you)

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79910&highlight=bad+batch+c-3&page=6

Edited by islandgirl

It's happened to me a couple of times and the last time it was the same batch number as yours that I had purchased from the Jar Store. Unfortunately, after quite a few emails back and forth with Elevance and sending a sample, they said they couldn't find a problem. I personally think there was water or some other liquid heavier than oil in the wax. I could see a puddle of it in the bottom of my turkey fryer floating under the wax. I found if I didn't stir and let it settle I could extract it with a turkey baster. If it stayed there there was all kinds of crackling and popping noises when heating the wax. Another trick is to heat the wax higher and stir very slowly to keep the bubbles to a minimum and pour hotter. Lastly use the heat gun to help dissolve the bubbles from the top of the pouring pots before pouring into jars. I found I got the best results pouring at 175F. If I poured cooler the bubble would line the sides of the jars and appear like frosting. I did up end using the two boxes I had and after doing all of the above, the candles ended up coming out fine and burning fine but it took alot more work than it should have....

Sorry to hear you're having to deal with it... if you have any other questions, feel free to pm me.

Brenda