Loofah soaps made, now

candlelady

I had to freeze my 2' pvc tube, place a rag over the top of a jar of pasta sauce that fit in the tube, place the jar on the ground, and pound down on the jar about ten billion times before my soap finally slid out. I used 6 layers of freezer paper but just a TINY bit of soap eeked out and the whole thing was stuck because of it. eventually it squeezed out but it was a bit like labor! something I never want to do again!! lol.

How long is your PVC? I cut mine down to 1' sections after that and havent tested them since because I'm inaftuated with the log molds my husband built me... but I've heard that helps alot. I've also heard of people using silpat (silicone baking sheet liners) to line their PVC pipes and they swear it slides right out

Thanks for the info. I ended up putting it in the freezer fr 20 mins. then heating the sides a tad with my heat gun, and it slid right out. DH sliced them up and they are beautiful! I'm making more now!

I'll post pics. Patchouli Honey! Yum! DH just coughed!:mad:

PVC is 3" dia on the inside and 12" long.... I'm letting them sit out now to dry some....still a little sticky.. I wet the loofah and squeezed the water out and squeezed in a towel....don't think I'll do that again...just pour and slice.

Carrie

Edited by candlelady

they have these great little plastic caps that pop right in, there in the PVC section at the hardware store.. I used those. I lined them with plastic wrap first so they wouldnt get stuck

Duck or is it Duct Tape ? ....works pretty good.

Edited by candlelady
duck?