Two questions for home fragrance

Druin

I think I'm posting in the right category :) I hope one of you gurus can help me out! :)

1) I've read several posts where people put fragranced baking powder into their vac bags or sprinkled on the carpet, but NOT to use it with bagless. I have a Dyson, which is bagless, but would love to have something to use as a carpet freshener... any suggestions?

2) I had made several corn cob sachets to put in Christmas baskets for family and friends. However, due to the snowstorm we got on Christmas Eve, the baskets are still sitting on my kitchen table, which makes my kitchen VERY fragrant!!! Does anyone just make a dish of corn cob for the kitchen or bathroom to help give a fresh smell? (FYI, Dreamsicle makes for a very strong sachet!! hehe) I don't really want sachets hanging all over my kitchen and bathroom, so trying to figure out a different way to have the corn cob where it still gives the smellies :)

Thanks so much!!!

just mix the cobs with pretty potpourri in a dish. I also have a dyson and use store bought carpet powder (I only have a small rug and rest of house is wood & ceramic) so I don't know why you couldn't use cornstarch scented sprinkled on carpet. I've never done it so I'm not recommending just throwing it out for consideration.

Edited by NewOrleansLady

What is "that stuff"....the powdered store bought stuff?

I had a friend that owned a carpet installation company and when I was replacing carpet in a previous home he explained what that stuff does and also the damage "steam cleaners" do. When we pulled up the carpet all we saw was the powdered stuff on the concrete (it went thru the padding even and not sucked up totally by the vaccuum) and mold from where the "steam" just stayed moist. It was the most disgusting thing I'd ever seen. I had my own steam cleaner so I used to clean the carpet once every couple of months. That's why my present home will never have carpet in it. Where I use the stuff now is a 8'x10' throw rug so the kids aren't on the bare ceramic tile when they play. I can fit it in my front loader washer & dryer and get it clean as a whistle.