Soap turned light orange color

patka

Greetings! I have come back from a long trip and re-started making soaps.

I made a 5-oil recipe: olive, coconut, palm, castor oil and cocoa butter. Scented with essential oils I had used before without any problems. One thing I did differently - I added some sugar to see if I would get more bubbles. I used natural sugar, which has a little tint, not really brown, but not white either. When I made the soap, it was white. When I cut it the next day, it was also white. When I looked at it about a week later, it was a beautiful light orange color. And it has retained that color till now, about another week later. I am not sure what to think of it. The soap seems ok.

Has anyone had a similar issue with soap? Could the sugar have reacted in the soap somehow turning it orange?

Thanks in advance!

orange spots or orange all over? IDK, thats never happened to me. The only thing I can think is the sugar, like how goats milk soap turns that pretty orange.. because of the sugar content... but that happens almost immediately. I know it gets a bit darker but to go from white to orange in a week has me puzzled.

It is nice light orange all over (it is not DOS).

I used litsea and orange EOs. I have used orange EO before in a number of soaps without any color though.

I think I read somewhere on this board that someone's soap with honey turned out orange color. I wonder if natural sugar would do the same.

It is nice light orange all over (it is not DOS).

I used litsea and orange EOs. I have used orange EO before in a number of soaps without any color though.

I think I read somewhere on this board that someone's soap with honey turned out orange color. I wonder if natural sugar would do the same.

yep.. thats my only guess too... I use orange EO and never have any color from it in the finished product. Mystery!