Presto Pot Users...

I have a presto pot, the kind with the little spigot and I've got a question. I realize this mind sound counter productive and stupid, but if you could humor me...LOL

I'm debating getting a pouring pot to use with the presto. I'd pour the wax from the presto into the pouring pot and use that to actually pour the candles. I like the spigot and everything, but trying to turn it on and off, holding a jar candle that's very hot and so on is actually becoming quite the pain.

My question is: Will the pouring pot reduce the temperature of the wax a lot even if I warm the pouring pot? Or should I heat the wax up in the presto, put the wax in the pouring pot and THEN add the FO, colorant, etc?

I really hope this makes sense! I hate to use yet another tool for candlemaking, and I LOVE the presto pot, definately makes things easier, but the spigot is so difficult to work with when it comes to jar candles...

I use pour pots with my spigotted presto all the time. I only use the presto as a smaller wax melter and do not mix anything else in (presto is ONLY for wax) I pull off how much I need into the pour pot, do all my mixing in there (FO, color, additives) then pour my jars. Not only am I not dealing with burning my hand on the jars I also do not have to clean the spigot between batches. SO much easier IMO!

My best suggestion is to play with it and figure out what works best for you. What I do may or may not work for others or they may feel that something else is better. No method is right or wrong. What really matters is that it is right for you!