When will you start developing a "Spring" line?

Judy, USMC

Every year I have to drop/add aromas to my candle & melts line. DH thinks it's funny that Christmas isn't even here yet and I've got Vanilla Orchid, At the Beach, Pineapple and other spring/summer type FO's to test. I already know which aromas didn't sell last year and will not be carried again.

So when do you start your spring lineup? And, if you would, let us know what you will be testing ... wax, soap, B&B, incense.

Would be interesting to see if there is any timing difference.

I start in mid-January. That gives me a few days of downtime to catch my breath after the Christmas craziness and gives me a weekend or two to get my workshop cleaned up, inventory done and time to sort out anything I need to sell off & listed without rushing. Right now I am having a hard enough time keeping up with restocking the consignment stores and making up gift basket orders that I don't have time to even think about anything new. That said, while ordering in needed supplies I have gotten a few new samples of FO that sound interesting so they are here when I am ready for them. I figured I was already paying shipping to get all the other crap I needed that I might as well have them throw them in the box.

Edited by mparadise

In January we will be ordering our Autumn/winter fragrances for our candles.

Already we are in the process of trying to decide upon a few new ones. Might have to ask for opinions here.

Since January and February here are so incredibly hot I doubt we'll be doing any more markets unless we're lucky and the day in question is cooler so now is the time for planning ahead, especially for Christmas in July, which apparently is a big thing here in the Blue Mountains.

Tracy

For my B&B line I test new fo's throughout the year. Mostly out of boredom with the same old scents. Some days I smell like a chocolate brownie topped with lavender vanilla whipped cream with a chaser of strawberries and champagne. :shocked2:

As far as manufacturing (ha, sounds like I'm big time!), I try to have all my fall/holiday line/products packaged and ready for sale by mid-September....I'm one of those "when it's gone it's gone sellers' except for a few last minute orders from desperate family and friends.

I crank up for Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Spring/Summer right after that...V-Day pops up fast after Christmas plus I like to have stuff ready to go for all the lucky ones who got cash and cash cards for Christmas... they are usually online within a day or two and I would like a share of their spending!

I've ordered my scents after doing some research and seeing what I'm discontinuing. I'll start testing in January when I get back from our holiday.

I wanted to start earlier, however I've been swamped with other stuff and am battling a bad case of seasonal burn out.

I've started playing with ideas on paper and in my head though, so when we're back, I'll be hitting the ground running.