Only make candles when the sun shines?

Calling all experienced chandlers: We are having a snow storm here and I really, really want to make some candles, but read somewhere not to make any when the weather is bad. Has anyone actually experimented with making candles in good vs. inclement weather? If so what were the results? Has anyone experienced significant changes in their candles because you poured during a storm? Would scent be affected? (I don't want to waste it) TIA!

We have high humidity in the South. I try not to pour soap during rain periods because usually the humidity just causes the soap fairies to come out and gack up the soap. I really can't explain a whole lot of what affects candles and soap. I just know that you can use the same exact methods and come out with different results on different days. Weather can affect almost anything one way or another.

And I do CP and can pour soap when it's 95* with matching humidity or rain or -40 and bone dry with little to no variation. Must be differences in recipes? With bath bombs, the humidity affects the citric acid and causes them to bloom. It's not pretty. I also avoid making bath salts or M&P soap when it's very humid.

I'm tempting fate and pouring soy & palm wax candles today even though it's been raining for the past 2 days & my freakin' roof is leaking. Got too many orders not to make hay whether or not the sun is shining! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything comes out okay. :)

Getting snow here too. I've not had problems and wouldn't think you would either unless you're making them outdoors in the snow ... in which case, you'll have some problems.

Bathbombs you don't make in humid conditions ... they have a tendency to have quite a growth spurt and absorb the humidity, eventually crack etc. However, I've made them when it has been raining and it's been humid outside but not inside.

Edited by Scented

• 1 month later...
If I pour candles during cold weather I have to pour in the kitchen rather than shop. I never can get the temp in that area warm enough and then I have funky looking candles from the wax cooling too fast and shrinking. :confused:

I live in WA state and we've always had bad weather *gag*. Either way, snow or rain I've never had a problem...but as you said though, doing it in a cold shop doesn't help, so I tend to keep my heater up a bit. I'll be sweating like a pig, but hey, my candles turn out decent! LOL