Can these be substituted?

Ravens

I tried the crushed corn cob a while back and personally I did not like the turn out. The oil just didn't seem to soak all the way through and even after a few days soaked right through my sachet envelopes.

Thecandlemakerstore.com has a sachet base very cheap. They are lightwieght greyish looking granules that work very well and soak in the FO pretty quick and perfect for sachet envelopes or bags(that you can't see through becuase they are not very pretty looking).

Aroma beads work great and perfect for jelly jars and organza bags but they are a bit more expensive.

I just recently made my own sachet envelopes and used this base and so far it working out great...holds the scent very well.

Dnj and pcbrook, thank you for your input. Last night I mixed the crushed corn with the beads. I think it actually looks better when mixed. Right now it's all "curing" in a jar. I'd like to put this in organza bags as use them as linens drawer cachets, but I suppose I could use just straight crushed corn in envelopes and use it as car freshener.

Dnj, how long did you leave the corn to absorb the FO? Wonder if giving it a week or so would improve results... or maybe use less fragrance:confused: