Coloring tablets

valeriakr

Hi to all!!!!

I'm so happy forum its again with us (guru's and newbies like me)...well, here is my question for today...I just came back from Wal-Mart and I found eggs coloring tablets...I was wondering if they can be use on CP soap...this is the ingredients list :

Salt, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citric Acid, US Certified Food Colors FD&C, Yellow # 5 & 6, Red #3, Blue #1, and Red #40, Sodium Bicarbonate, Polyethylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Talc.

It says that is for coloring egg shells only...but any can tell me if there is any cons with these ingredients for coloring soaps!!!

I bought it for just $0.61...so if there's cons, I will not losses to much...but if not, I guess a did a good buy.

Sunny hugs to all,

Wanda

Edit: since I having some problems with my reply feature I'm editing this message. The instruction said that don't need vinager...and I did a test with water and I did stain...I dont know if after adding it to lya and oil the stain characteristic will stay...and I have so much problem to fidn lye that don't whant to waste some in a color triel...lol.

Wanda, I think they'll stain things. If I remember correctly when I've made them w/ my kids (we skipped it last year) they stain our skin and clothes. Is there any kind of warning on the label? Hope someone can help you further :)

Would be an interesting experiment - I don't see anything in there that would affect too much at that low of a percentage.

Except the Red 3 - that's not approved for cosmetics, so if you follow the cosmetic rules, I'd avoid the ones with red in them (which probably means orange, red, purple). The yellow and blue is fine.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/opa-col2.html#table3A

Remember the FDC dyes might change color on you in CP - they are sensitive to a high pH solution.

Edit: since I having some problems with my reply feature I'm editing this message. The instruction said that don't need vinager...and I did a test with water and I did stain...I dont know if after adding it to lya and oil the stain characteristic will stay...and I have so much problem to fidn lye that don't whant to waste some in a color triel...lol.

Well no more problems with reply feature...Alan safe me!!!!