Wick pin problems

Not only does it work that way, but I can reproduce it over and over again for your pleasure.

Since I've no way of testing that, I'll concede the point.

As for the wick falling over... As I said, I've had it happen. And yes, it would DEFINITELY have caught a nearby lampshade on fire. Along with anything else within about a foot or so.

By contrast, I've never had a candle continue to burn once the wick got down to the top of the tab.

As for bad advice, it's everyone's responsibility to test their product and to try out whatever methods they find to fit their needs. And it seems to me; that you're the one promoting a method that's catastrophically dangerous, due to your irrational, prejudiced belief that there's only one 'proper way' to produce a 'classy product'.

Frankly, if it had been anyone but you, I would have dismissed the whole thing as BS the minute they brought up that type of terminology.

As for bad advice, it's everyone's responsibility to test their product and to try out whatever methods they find to fit their needs. And it seems to me; that you're the one promoting a method that's catastrophically dangerous, due to your irrational, prejudiced belief that there's only one 'proper way' to produce a 'classy product'.

Let's not mix up two issues.

As for which is a more upscale product, it's pretty obvious which technique would be required for an expensive pillar and which would be perfectly at home with a "Made in China" label, but there's no accounting for taste or judgment sometimes.

The matter of safety is separate and it's about sustainer bases in pillars, not about whether you use pins. It's certainly not about the "needs of the candlemaker" any more than crash safety is about the needs of the carmaker. Testing is the issue. So take a typical premade wick assembly you'd get from a supplier and plug it into your pillar, then you'll see what most people are making with pillar pins and why it's not a good idea. Obviously you've never seen what you haven't tested, duh.

And you might want to take a second look at that wicking if it's capable of setting fires a foot away from the candle just by tipping over. How in the world does that work?

Edited by topofmurrayhill

As for which is a more upscale product, it's pretty obvious which technique would be required for an expensive pillar and which would be perfectly at home with a "Made in China" label, but there's no accounting for taste or judgment sometimes.

Not the most moronic thing I've seen on this board but it's getting real close.

Anyone who doesn't stick to the techniques YOU believe to be right, is just producing shit?

What a complete and utter crock of shit.:laugh2:

What's obvious is that your judgment is severely impaired by your snobbery. These "upscale products" you keep going on about aren't going to burn any better or smell any better than what's being produced by most of the people on this board. The only reason some people are willing to shell out $40 for a $20 candle is for a name and a fancy label. :rolleyes2

If you're so pathetic that you feel the need to buy respect in this way, it's kinda laughable. Just like the people who drop 5 grand ( or much more) on a Rolex. Anybody impressed by it aren't really worth impressing. It doesn't give you any more hours in the day. It's not gonna keep time or last any longer than a $200 Timex or Pulsar. All you're really getting for the extra $4800 is a name.

I guess there's no accounting for a total lack of common sense, either.

And no, I haven't tested every other candle in the world. I somehow doubt that you have either. I'm certain you will soon inform me otherwise, as is your habit.