Visa Verify...

islandgirl

I was shopping via internet last night at walmart. At check out I got a pop up box regarding visa verify..

https://usa.visa.com/personal/security/vbv/index.html?ep=v_sym_verifiedbyvisa

So I closed it out and paid a different way.

At 9:00 pm, my CC company called me to make sure it was me making the purchase, which did not go thru, but they wanted to check I had the card in hand..

The CS rep said visa is now participating with many stores as an extra source of security..

Which is great, now that I know what the heck the pop up was..

Thought I would share since some of you may be shopping online and get this weird pop up at check out!!

Here is a link showing stores that participate.. So if you have a visa, you will need to do this ...

http://usa.visa.com/personal/security/visa_security_program/vbv/shop.html

Happy shopping..

Edited by islandgirl

Yep, I ran into this last week, too. It seemed pretty legitimate to me at the time, but in hindsite, I probably should have been a little more suspicious. Shortly thereafter, I got an e-mail from my credit union confirming the activation and explaining it a little more.

OMG! I am so glad you all posted about this! I just got a call friday night about a purchase on my business card for $250. I did NOT make that purchase. I thought that was so strange for the electronics company to call me out of the blue, that I was questioning them for fraud! I quickly called my CC company and cancelled that card. I just got a new number from the same company and hope thats good enough to protect me from any more fraudulent activity. I have earned all these reward points and didn't want them to go to waste so that was my only option. I was a bit concerned about this happening a few months ago because somehow my name, phone, and cc number (and maybe even ss#) was put with another person's address that was very similar to mine. I wasn't able to make a purchase because the addresses didn't match. That is how I first found out something wasn't right. My cc company assured me everything was fine and to not worry about it, then this happens.:angry2: