OK, i messed up again and need your help

How many ounces is 1/2 lb wax once it's melted ? i was going to make some mauve color tarts for a lady ( she says the scent don't matter) she still wants them mauve colored. but i din't want to do a whole lb of wax in each of the 4 scents she wants because they will be mauve, so i got this idea of just using like 1/2 lb for each scent and got this bright ideal of melting 2 lbs at once, which i don't normally do. now i realize i don't know how much to pour out into my pour pot to mix the fo & color into:cry2: i'm not good at all that math anyway, i usually melt 1 lb wax and add 1 1/2 ounces of fo. can anyone help me or am i'm going have to let my wax cool and start back over:rolleyes2 santa emba

The weight doesn't change between liquid and solid, the volume is what changes. You can do it one of 2 ways depending on if your scale has the tare feature. If so as Yooper suggested tare out the weight of your pourpot so that there's 8 oz of wax and scent as usual. Or if it doesn't have the tare, just weight the empty pourpot to find out how much it weighs empty, then place wax in it and subtract the weight of the pour pot. Say the pot weights 22oz, you'll need it to weight 30oz to have 8oz of wax. HTH

thank you both. i did it like you two said. my scale is just a small one. so i put a large plastic drinking cup on it, then brought it back to zero and poured wax till the scale showed 8 ounces. after hearing me saying bad things about my scale tonight santa 's helper has put that on his list for mesanta wink