Foaming Bath Bombs?

KMommy

Well, I am still trying to find a recipe for bath bombs that can be made in high humidity areas(other post here)but I have seen photos posted of a foaming bath bomb - one that makes bubbles like a bubble bath. I did a search but didn't locate a recipe. Does anyone have one?

Heres one from the old board. Posted by Sandy.

1 cup baking soda

1 cup epsom salts

1/4 cup cornstarch

Mix those with a wisk. Might be good idea to sift it too. I didn't color mine, but I might color this part, or color the epsom salts.

Drizzle and mix well with:

2.5 tablespoons turkey red oil (sulfonated castor oil)

2 tablespoons FO

Add:

1/2 cup citric acid

1 cup sodium lauryl sulfoacetate

Pack tightly into molds. Unmold carefully and let dry 24 hours. Can use a meatballer, a plastic ornament that comes apart, tea light containers, a metal 1/4 cup measuring cup....

If you are having trouble with humidity, you could leave out the citric acid and up some of the other dry ingredients. The fizzing from the CA/BS combo help increase the bubbles, but it's not critical. That way you don't have to deal with the combo being set off by the humidity.

If you are having trouble with humidity, you could leave out the citric acid and up some of the other dry ingredients. The fizzing from the CA/BS combo help increase the bubbles, but it's not critical. That way you don't have to deal with the combo being set off by the humidity.

thanks for this hint Robin. I didn't know this. Now I am ready to try bath bombs again as mine use to start fizzing before they were molded:rolleyes2

Moving this to general discussions so it will get more hits.

I've only started coloring them, now I use Labcolors. But I've got my eye on Brambleberry's bath bomb colors, they intrigue me.

I add the color after I've mixed everything together except for the citric. You can do it whenever, some color their FO/oil mix before adding it.

• 1 year later...