embroidery machine

gingerinarkansas

The price range varies but most are going to run you between $700 up to 5000+ Don't get a machine with just a 4x4 hoop, you will regret it and be longing for a machine with a 5x7 hoop. Spend the extra to get a machine with a larger hoop. Get the largest if you can afford it but definitely don't settle with the 4x4. I have a Janome 350e and I love it a lot. It is a stand alone machine as some embroidery machines are embroidery and sewing machine. My motto is, one type of machine for each thing you are doing. If a combo machine breaks down you have no sewing and no embroidery. jmo The Brother 700 is a decent machine. Oh, also be sure it takes a USB stick for easy transfer of your designs from your computer to your emb machine. Some like the Singers you just connect your puter to your emb machine.

Ack, I wrote a novel up there. I'm tired but I also recommend going to different dealers in your area and "test" drive them and see what machine suits you. Also, be sure you like the place you get it from b/c you will be going there a lot either for classes, help and repairs. You need to find a customer friendly place.

Spend the extra to get a machine with a larger hoop

Good advice. I second it. I have a singer quantum futura, which is a combo machine. It works for me, because I don't really sew that much. For me, the price was right. Bought it from HSN and it had alot of extras. Came with 2 hoops.

I have a combo machine also but I have my old Stand alone Bernina regular sewing machine which I just love to pieces would not give it up for the world.

My embroidery machine is Singer Futura and it meets my needs. I also got mine from HSN with all the extra goodies like 2 hoops and software that is kind of neat.

I have one - and sad to say still.. never took it out of the box - thinks its been almost 3 years now - yes my hubby could kill me!! lol.

I have a Brother Disney version. I got it over the net but Wal Mart had them on clearance not that long ago. I just HAD TO HAVE THIS MACHINE - and yes still never used it lol. I plan on it after the holidays and all the shows are over and I have time to breath! I opened it and saw all the books and pieces and thought OMG! and that was it!

I know it's overwhelming but don't let that discourage you. I think you need a PED basic in order to use the Disney machine if you want to stitch out designs that are not stock on your machine. It costs about $100.00. But you can definitely stitch out the stock designs from your machine.