My new website!

joyofsoycandle

I posted this on another thread, but wanted everyone to see it here, and give me your comments please, let me know if i should change anything. Oh and editing to add....could someone please tell me that uses the wahmshoppes.com e-store how you would add the ror.xml to your main page and how to add any other things like the link to top candle sites. I want to put that on the front page. I am in mode #1. And cant figure out how to put those things on there. Thank you! :smiley2: www.scentedsoydelights.com

OK...I found just a few things you might want to change to make your sentences flow better.. On the first page, the first sentence you say:

Our hand made jar candles, votives, and tarts are hand poured with 100% soy wax, are dye free which easily fits into any decor, and made with lead-free coreless wicks and strong, concentrated fragrance oils.

Our jar candles, votives and tarts are handpoured with 100% soy wax. Our candles are dye free so they will blend easily with any decor, and they are made with lead-free coreless wicks, and concentrated fragrance oils.

strong, and concentrated are basically the same thing, so I took out the strong. Handmade and handpoured are just too much for one line, so I took out handmade. I adjusted a few words lol...wow, i'm sorry, i redid your whole sentence, but I think it gives something that flows better.

Under the #4 8oz soy jar candle

How about something like this:

Our 8oz mason jar is made with creamy soy wax, and natural lead free coreless wicks. They are saturated with scent, and come with a decorative lid. Average burn time for these adorable jars is 40-45 hours!

Check out our Specialty Jars, for candles complete with realistic wax toppings!

Just flows better IMO That's as far as I had time to look...but hopefully that will give you some ideas on where to start so that you have a smoother flowing text throughout the site. Of course, you should feel free to completely ignore this too lol.

It looks very nice. There's just a couple things I noticed. I tend to get lost sometimes, which happend this time too, then have no idea what page I'm on. With the pages identical and no page name in the browser title bar, or no URL change, it's easy to get lost. Ok, I didn't get lost myself this time, but you have a misdirected link. It was trying to figure out where I eneded up that confused me. On the candles page, it says page 1 of 2. I clicked on 2 to see what was there. I don't know how to post a link, since the url is the same everywhere but, here's where I ended up... it said Scent of the month and page 2 of 1. Ok, that's really odd! I was going to copy and paste what was written there and it's not there now. It's an actual page 2 of candles :embarasse I think I'm hallucinating now! Pk, forget that...lol. Next is the Links to the left. I like the leaf backgrounds, but maybe make the font for the words bigger or bolder or something. They're just a bit hard to read blending in that way.

On #7...

Creamy Soy Melts/Tarts. Made with a mini muffin pan for the mold, each tart weighs approximately .8 ounce each. To be used in an electric or tealight potpourri/tart warmer. Each set comes in a 2-pack.

One of these "each" should be left out. A bit redundant. Also, not so sure about using tart in there.

On #29, the jar set, maybe put how many jars you will get next to UNITS. Per set, then I had to go back and read the description again and count how many. Not that it was hard, just annoying. Probably because I skim over when reading to get to the basic info. There are so many numbers in that blurb that I didn't catch how many candles were included. This is JMO to make it smoother for customers.

Thank you satin! I have changed what i could so far, im still working on changing the font for the links on the left. Im not sure how to do it LOL. Its easy to add them, but i dont know how to change them. This mode im in is for people who dont know all the html lol. But I will get it fixed. ;) Thanks!

Laura