glass glow and CD wicks....

Tootie, I use the small status jar, it holds a little over 6 oz., and I double wick with 2 cd 4's (wish they made cd 2's) I have not been able to single wick it. I also use the small vibe jar, it's about 4 oz. I usually use a cd 18, but with some of my Christmas scents I had to wick down to a 16 or a 14.

These jars do not have shoulders on them, which I think helps to hold the heat in and you may be able to use a single wick, you will just have to experiment.

Good luck with it, Deb

Sorry about the wax type question - I just noticed the title of the thread... :embarasse ...cleaning glasses...

I pour GG in 6.5 oz. hex jars & use CDN 8 & 10. Both do a good job of cleaning the jars, although the 10 sooted a little at the end with a couple of the FOs... So since your container is a little wider and circular with no shoulders, I think a 10-12 should do the trick for ya. Let us know how it goes. :)

Good lookin' container, BTW...

Edited by Stella1952

Tootie, I will be very curious to see what your results are. The small status jar that I use measures 2 1/2" and holds a little over 6oz of palm wax. The jars are very simular. I tried different size cd wicks and could never get it to work, so if you are able to single wick it, you will be my wick hero! :yay:

Isn't wick-it the place you have to order a gazillion wicks? I did ask them some time ago if I could get some samples of cd2's, never heard from them. I will not order a massive amount of anything that I do not know if it will work or not.

Isn't wick-it the place you have to order a gazillion wicks? I did ask them some time ago if I could get some samples of cd2's, never heard from them. I will not order a massive amount of anything that I do not know if it will work or not.

Yep, and Wicks Unlimited also has high minimum order requirements, too. I wouldn't think anyone would order several thousand of something they had not tested!! Why not get with the folks at Wickit by telephone, etc. and see if you can get the samples you need to test? Lonestar carries CD4-22...

I hate to ask, but have you tested those all the way to the end? Palm wax burns so differently from other waxes and I think sometimes folks give up on it too soon or have expectations of it that don't fit its burn characteristics...

I am using cd 4's right now in my small status jar and am pretty happy with it, but some scents I have to just kick to the curb, because I don't have anything smaller than the 4. The Red Clove from Peak's is one of them. If I get my large status wicked with a cd 4 on some scents, I don't have a wick small enough for my small status jar.

I know some wick for their jars to clean later in the burn. I have never been able to do that. I don't know if it is the jars I am using or what. Every time I try that, I wind up with a bunch of wax left at the end.

Oh, the pressure of picking the right wick!!:laugh2::laugh2: