Sample Packets

almaga

Do you mean you want to send samples to your potential customers?

If I were going to do that (I wouldn't unless the person was already a customer), I would send a small tart.

I'm reading between the lines here. Has someone emailed you asking for samples? Someone you don't know? If so, delete. This time of year, scammers come out of the woodwork asking for freebies.

If that's not the case, disregard my comment.

Tealights would work too, with or without wicks.

If you are looking for a way to carry samples with you Bittercreek South sells a sample case that holds either 20 or 40 little tins with clear covers that fit into a larger tin "box" that is great for taking with you to visit potential wholesale customers.

http://www.bittercreeksouth.com/accessories.htm - see bottom of page.

I have also been using the little silver sealable pouches from WSP for to make samples with any lotion or hand sanitizer left over when I am done filling my bottles. Makes a great sample to slip into wholesale packets or to add to shopping bags/shipping boxes with other products when purchased to get customers to try other products. I also wrap the salvage ends of my soap in little sample pieces to hand out the same way.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CatalogID=9&GroupID=443&CategoryID=1541&ProductID=6857&ProductName=Crafters+Choice%e2%84%a2+Heat+Seal+Sample+Packet+-+Silver%2c+2+x+4.75+inches

Edited by mparadise

No not a scammer but thanks for the heads up. I was just trying to give out some samples so people could smell it without having to give out a candle. I saw another company offers scent chips but dont know if those are tarts or what they are talking about.

I recently made 150 of these up for gift bags a local church was giving out to ladies that attended their women's conference...

r71641.jpg

I had these 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 flat cello bags that my business cards fit in perfectly... I put a little sticker on the back towards the bottom telling them that they were wax tarts for use in a tart warmer, blah, blah, blah and put a little tart on top of that (to cover it up). I used my impulse sealer on the open end of the bag to close them. The tarts only weigh about .5 ozs. but it's enough for people to get a good smell. :) It's a pretty cheap way of advertising.

Yeah I was thinking about making tarts to give out as samples but am using IGI6006 and was told I would need another type of wax to do so. I wanted to use something like a tart but using my same wax to make it cheaper.

Edited by almaga

I might tend to agree in some instances Scented but I had gotten one and it is working well for my purpose. I have a friend that is selling my products for a little extra $$ on the side. The 20 count case fits well in her tote bag so she has something for customers to smell then has a small catalog with pictures and descriptions of the products and order forms in a plastic envelope (think manilla folder, just made from frosted plastic). It is working really well for her because it isn't too bulky and customers get to smell exactly what they are getting to help them decide. It may not be right for every person or every situation but it has worked for us so far for this application because it keeps everything together.

Edited by mparadise

Your probably right but I think it would increase sales. Donna do you think I can keep using my wax to makes these samples?

I know one of my candle buddies uses this wax in her tart clamshells with great success but if you are doing freestanding one like Donna's you may want to try adding a little pillar wax or beeswax to make it a little firmer. I know I read somethign to that effect on one of the message boards I belong to. Hopefully someone that uses the 6006 for tarts will chime in and give you some guidance. If not, maybe try starting a thread titled something like 6006 for tarts to see if you get more pointed responses by those that use it for this purpose.

I hope you find an answer!!