KY parasoy container wax

What's this wax like? Does it have a strong HT? What about CT?

How long does it need to cure after pouring?

On the Kentucky Candle Supply website, HTP and CD wicks are suggested for this wax. Can I use CD10 for 8oz. tureens and a higher size for heavy FO?

I checked on the shipping; it'd be around $25 for the case. I read the KY parasoy for tarts throws really well, lots of experienced people on this board use it, so I was wondering if the KY parasoy for containers throws just as well :confused:

I'm surprised that more members haven't tried it. Tried to do a search but didn't come up with much at all. It seems that the usual waxes mentioned are the 4627, 6006, 4630, 4633, etc., but not the KY.

I use alot of KY supplies, have not tried the parasoy container wax but do use the KY125 Soy for containers and Para/soy blend for tarts. The only reason I haven't tried it is I prefer to use the flake form of wax Just a suggestion if no one can help you I would just buy a small amount and try it first to see how you like it. That way you can experience it yourself, but I will say I have never been disappointed in anything I have purchased from Vickey and she is very easy to work with, good customer service :cheesy2:

Tootie, you say you used the container and the tart wax from KY. In your opinion, which one had stronger CT/HT? You see, I'm trying to find a combination that has both. Good CT (It helps selling) and great HT (keeps people coming back).

I'm not worried that one of them is a container wax (as a beginner, I'm sticking with wickless for now). Once I put the molds in the fridge for a few minutes, they release. And if I use silicone molds, no problem, I don't have to chill them at all:smiley2:

Oh so you are considering making tarts with the container wax if it throws better? I have heard nothing but good things about the KY votive/tart blend, but haven't tried it because of shipping cost. Also don't know about the container, but I would think the votive/tart blend would be better and easier to work with.

Joanncat, yes, that's my reason for asking.

I do have the KY parasoy for tarts but I'm forever looking for that "blow the doors out" throw. I tried 4786 and GB415, and they're good. Like I said, I'd like to find a wax that has excellent cold throw - to persuade potential buyers to try the tarts - and outstanding hot throw - so they'll ask for more.

So I keep testing, asking, researching but I'm afraid I may become "immune" after a while, not being able to smell a thing:rolleyes2.

I use both the Parasoy container wax :yay: and LOVE everything about it! I do not have to heat the jars, I never have to do a repour, and the throw is amazing after just 24 hours!

I use zinc wicks so I can't help ya with the CD's, so send Vickey an email over there at KY...she's very helpful!!

• 4 weeks later...
I use both the Parasoy container wax :yay: and LOVE everything about it! I do not have to heat the jars, I never have to do a repour, and the throw is amazing after just 24 hours!

I use zinc wicks so I can't help ya with the CD's, so send Vickey an email over there at KY...she's very helpful!!

No heating jars....no repour...what kind of jar are you using...??