Testing a 50/50 Blend tonight!!! IGI4786 / IGI4627

I created a lovely Cinnamon Bayberry blended FO, and I am testing it tonight in a new blend of wax!!! I decided to try 50/50 blend of IGI 4627 and IGI 4786. Has anyone had luck with this blend? It looks like it is cooling lovely, and has minimal shrinkage, which I love. Any thoughts on this, or any stories about this blend would be more than welcome :)

I haven't tried it but I'm familiar with how those waxes are made and I think it should be a pretty compatible blend of ingredients. You'll just have to see if it's the best of both worlds or the best of neither. Find out how well it sticks to the glass and how well it burns. I'm guessing it will still shrink enough to need a repour, depending on your container and your tolerance for the dip around the wick. If the blend seems promising, you should try some variations to see what you like best. I can tell you for sure that 45/55, 50/50 and 55/45 ratios will produce noticeably different results.

I've been using 4786 for years and going through the same routine of heating the jars, spinning the wicks and doing a second pour. I'd love to hear the results!

Top always gives good tech advice ... so you know it's worth your time to test! Good Luck

Well here are the results in a tealight test first ... LOVE IT! I burned a tealight all evening until it went out. 7 hours and 40 minutes!! It is soft, but not too soft. You do notice that the color is muted a little compared to what it would normally be, but I expected that a little. The wicks I used were 28-24Z and it burned a charm!!

VERY impressed. I think for containers it will be beautiful. What I did notice was that it has VERY minimal shrinkage. I did also pour a 100% 4627 container. It also had very minimal shrinkage and did not require a repour at all. Only thing about this is, when you go to cut the wick you really have to watch and be careful, as it is SUPER soft. Any finger slip shows up and if you move the wick it makes an indent. I will not use 100% 4627, but I will use 50-50 for sure!! I am super impressed.

I also like the fact that the wax looks shimmery, almost as if it has super fine glitter all the way through it! It also looks somewhat swirled a little. It is really beautiful wax.

I used an ice cream scoop and just swiped it with one finger to clear it into my pour pot which was sitting on my scale. After I wiped that finger off with a paper towel. No mess, and the ice cream scoop stays in the wax :)

Hope this helps some of you to decide if you want to venture into this wax. Overall it was a resounding success!!:yay::yay::yay:

Adhesion was insanely amazing! :) I love this combo!! I do believe I have honed in on my favorite waxes. I use different combo's for different things, but the 2 waxes are now my faves!! :)

I just made 10 - 26oz jars tonight, and I still have 4 doz tealights to make before tomorrow morning lol. Nothing like waiting til the last minute!!!

:laugh2::shocked2::laugh2:

It is a 26oz Apoth yes, and they burn clean with 2 wicks. I use 51-32-18Z wicks. :)

A dream, an absolute dream! They are creamy in texture, and rarely am I having to repour at all. Some fragrances I have to top up about 1-2 oz, but not many.

I love this new combo. Have I said that yet?? :yay::laugh2:

It is a 26oz Apoth yes, and they burn clean with 2 wicks. I use 51-32-18Z wicks. :)

A dream, an absolute dream! They are creamy in texture, and rarely am I having to repour at all. Some fragrances I have to top up about 1-2 oz, but not many.

I love this new combo. Have I said that yet?? :yay::laugh2:

That is great news! I tried this blend (can't remember if I did exact 50/50) a long time ago. Please let us know how it burns further down the jar. The problem I ran into, as I do with most paraffin blends and/or para/soy blends, when double wicked in the taller jars (16 oz. or taller), I would get weak flames midway and down later in the burn with just about any wick I would try. What percentage of oil did you use? Who knows, when I think back now, I may have tested certain fragrances that are harder to wick for this type of wax in tall jars that were fine with the pure soy. I gave up on it and did not have the time to deal with it. I just continued to offer my soy line only, except for my single wicked candles which are blends. I have no trouble single wicking paraffin or blends. I put it on the back burner but have been wanting to try again. I would like to offer a double wicked colored line.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Edited by Holly

I will let you know when I get Mid Jar what happens, these candles burn so long that it takes a while. lol

I have been burning in 4 hour stints. It is even, and smells lovely. The only thing I have noticed is that the color is a little muted from the norm.

IE... I have Black Cherry from JS, and I am using that to test... the wicks are 51-32-18Z, and it is double wicked. I am using ReddiGlo Chips... Burgundy, 1/2 chip per lb... and it is lighter than I would get just using the IGI 4786 on its own.

I do love the throw, but always have with this Black Cherry. We will see how it goes. I am going to do a photo diary of this burn though... so that you all can see how it goes.

I will take a photo every hour. :)

Edited by NiksWaxNWicks
forgot to post color of chip! lol