the answer for 1oz tart molds! .......

Debbie73

I posted some time ago about the tart molds that I had were not coming out to 1oz, no matter how full it was. Someone was kind enough to tell me they got theirs from Candle Source. So I ordered some and finally had a chance to make some with these new molds, and they are the 1 once molds. I randomly weighed the tarts after I made them, and they weighed anywhere from 1oz. to 1.12 oz. I just want to thank the person who told me about these, if you happen to read this post. When you look at the molds together, you can see the one from Candle Source is a little bit bigger at the bottom half of the mold. I am a happy camper! :yay:

I posted some time ago about the tart molds that I had were not coming out to 1oz, no matter how full it was. Someone was kind enough to tell me they got theirs from Candle Source. So I ordered some and finally had a chance to make some with these new molds, and they are the 1 once molds. I randomly weighed the tarts after I made them, and they weighed anywhere from 1oz. to 1.12 oz. I just want to thank the person who told me about these, if you happen to read this post. When you look at the molds together, you can see the one from Candle Source is a little bit bigger at the bottom half of the mold. I am a happy camper! :yay:

Glad to help Debbie! :)

Glad you got the true 1 oz molds too. I think it's misleading to use the smaller molds and call them 1 oz tarts...If a customer we're to actually weigh them, there would be some explaining to do. lol

Donna, I just got back here, thank you for posting the web site. Thank you so very much for the help with the tart molds. I am mystified why companies advertise them as 1 oz when they truly are not. I don't care if I over fill the mold, I still will not get 1 oz.

With these, I get minimum 1oz. So I am very happy and thank-ful for your help. :yay::yay:

Debbie

Just my opinion but - the difference comes when we start converting the use of equipment from one application to another.

Those little molds have been "adopted" from the bakery. The ingredients they use would probably equal out to one ounce. Our wax is less dense than cake batter so we only get about 0.9 oz in one of their 1 oz molds.

Just like "borrowing" 8 oz jelly jars for container candles. Even filling it to the brim I've only been able to fit a little over 7 oz of wax in them.

So it makes sense that a 1.2 oz mold would hold enough melted wax that would finally weigh out to 1 full ounce.

Edited by Judy, USMC
added info