ISO-thicker apothocary jars

Hello...I am looking for 3 1/2" apothocary jars with thicker glass. I have been searching and finding only the thin walled ones. I use soy and need to double wick. I would like to prevent the glass from becoming too hot and possibly breaking should people not follow the warning labels. I know such a thing exists because I bought a handmade candle from a candlemaker like this about a year ago and the glass was nice and thick. Any advice on who supplies these would be appreciated.

:confused: Joanna

Thanks...I'll check it out today before I go to work. I have looked before but not recently. I suppose your Wal-Mart may carry different stuff than the Red Wing-Minnesota one. Thanks for your advice.:highfive:

p.s-I love Corpus Christi...I was there when I was 13...what a nice city! I bet it's warmer than Minnesota today...lol.

Thanks...I'll check it out today before I go to work. I have looked before but not recently. I suppose your Wal-Mart may carry different stuff than the Red Wing-Minnesota one. Thanks for your advice.:highfive:

p.s-I love Corpus Christi...I was there when I was 13...what a nice city! I bet it's warmer than Minnesota today...lol.

Look for them in the houswares section. They are near canisters and such. they are .98 and 1.98 or so. HTH :smiley2:

I find the thin wall apoth jars to be better than the thick ones for heat. The heat stays with the thick wall jars more and I have seen only the thick wall jars crack in my testing. I had some of the 3X3 square votive holders with thick glass blow up in testing also. Doesnt yank..ee use thin wall jars? I think most of the large companies use the thin stuff. That might tell ya something? Bruce

I find the thin wall apoth jars to be better than the thick ones for heat. The heat stays with the thick wall jars more and I have seen only the thick wall jars crack in my testing. I had some of the 3X3 square votive holders with thick glass blow up in testing also. Doesnt yank..ee use thin wall jars? I think most of the large companies use the thin stuff. That might tell ya something? Bruce

Boy you have given us all something to think about!

:yay: Dixylight, like you, I do prefer slightly thicker jars. I find the ones from Alabaster to be perfect. I had ordered from another company and thought the jars were too thin--then one of those thinner jars cracked when I was using the heat gun to fill in holes.

I had a customer tell me last night that she had several Yankee jars break, so I don't know what the correct answer is about whether it's better for the jar to be thicker or thinner.

Just info for you,

Jane

:highfive: Thanks for all the ideas. I didn't think about the whole heat dissipation idea...never was too good at physics. Maybe I'm just a bit too paranoid about injuring a customer. Interesting to hear that even the Yankee candles have issues. I think I'll buy some of each and test what happens with the wax I use.

I agree with Bruce...I would think that the thinner jars would dissipate heat while the thicker ones would hold it in and break. I've started ordering jars from www.jarstore.com, they have fabulous jars which are specially manufactured for candles.

The Jar Store seems great...I see that they have a picture of a jar with the wooden lid on it, but cannot find it on their website. Do you know where I can get apoth jars, but with wooden lids?

The important thing here is weather you go thick or thin do lots and lots of testing to be sure. I dont think it really matters who uses what really. I have had some yankmee jars crack actually. I have heard of the jars I use cracking for some peeps, but I have never had a problem in the past year. (I do not really sell these yet either, I just tinker with them) I think what is most important is not only the jar but the variables too. Like I said some peeps on this board said the WM jars broke, but if they over wick, well DUH!!

You just have to do your individual testing and see what works for ya.