woo hoo, finally might have something going for me

chiptooth

After struggling through craft shows and orders here and there and spending money on etsy and artfire...I finally am getting somewhere. I had a lady in Canada order 60 air fresheners for fundraisers and I just got an email from a lady who wants to buy my coffee mug warmers with coffee bean shaped melts gift sets to resale on her website. This will be the first big (hopefully big) deal for me and I'm not sure where to begin with it. So far this is what I thought I needed to ask her.

*How many does she want to start with

*Does she want my label on the cello package holding the bean melts

*Does she want to sell the bean melts separate for re-fill orders

*I sell the gift packs for $8.00 but with a wholesale order Is it expected to give a cheaper price, if so should I set a minimum before offering the discount. I sort of figure if I'm pouring a bunch of the same fragrance it's not as much work.

**anything else?

I am also working on scented mug mats and bought fabric with a coffee cup theme so I'm hoping when I get some done that she may want to offer these as well. This could actually be the break I've been looking for If I handle it right.

... This will be the first big (hopefully big) deal for me and I'm not sure where to begin with it. So far this is what I thought I needed to ask her.

*How many does she want to start with

*Does she want my label on the cello package holding the bean melts

*Does she want to sell the bean melts separate for re-fill orders

*I sell the gift packs for $8.00 but with a wholesale order Is it expected to give a cheaper price, if so should I set a minimum before offering the discount. I sort of figure if I'm pouring a bunch of the same fragrance it's not as much work.

**anything else?

I am also working on scented mug mats and bought fabric with a coffee cup theme so I'm hoping when I get some done that she may want to offer these as well. This could actually be the break I've been looking for If I handle it right.

Congratulations on your order, and good luck with getting many more!

Some things you might want to consider before asking the questions...

Regarding how many she wants to order, it's best to know how many you need to sell to make it worth your while before asking questions. For example, if you normally sell your gift pack for $8 retail, then she's probably expecting to buy them for $4. So, in order to get that $8 you normally earn, you're going to have to require her to buy two sets. You just have to figure how many sets it takes for you to make the kind of profit you need to, AND to make it enticing enough for her to buy them.

About your label on the cello package, I wouldn't even ask that question, it should automatically be on there--how else are people going to find out about you? However, you can give her the option of private label service for an additonal fee.

For the bean melts, of course you should talk her into those. Explain that when customers run out they will return to her site for more, or they might even prefer to sample the melts without buying a whole gift set first.

Why not crunch the numbers and see if you can come up with an introductory package plan for her which includes samplings of all the products at a slight discount.