Washing Jars

wondering if you really have to wash all the jars prior to pouring candles
Nope. There are no state or federal laws requiring this of which I am aware, nor any unwashed jar police. Not only that, but there are TONS of folks who NEVER wash their new jars and are not at all sorry that they do not! :laugh2::laugh2:

There IS, however, residue left on the glass surface after manufacturing. In the case of soy waxes (dunno about paraffin or blends or palm), not only can this residue contribute to the formation of dreaded "wet spots," but it can also provide a surface for frosting crystals to develop. Some folks don't mind wet spots and they don't mind frosting, so they have little interest in washing gazillions of new glass containers. It all depends on if this residue causes surface problems with YOUR wax and if you are disturbed about these problems enough to take the extra step to help mitigate these two issues. :)

I don't wash all mine but if they have a residue I will wash them :cheesy2:

I'm the same way. Sometimes there is just too much residue and it just annoys me. I used to use paraffin wax before I switched to a 50/50 blend and it just seemed that the paraffin looked awful if there was residue in the jar. I'd just throw the jars in the dishwasher.