What can I add to the 4627?

Ravens

I'd like to make scented tarts with 4627 because of its strong throw. Problem is, the wax is way too soft and will not release from the molds.

What type of wax could I add to make the 4627 harder and still produce a strong throw? Would you use the Ecosoya PB or the 4786 or the CBL 129 - any other? Smooth looks are not important here, but excellent throw is. Thanks for all your advice!

Gosh thats a tough one. I pour everything in portion cups anymore and almost all waxes will pop out of those. I use to use mold release powder in my waxes when I used the metal flower fluter molds and that helped alot! I am probably not much help but anyway...... lol. worth a try!

I would really start with a harder wax more suited for tarts and then slowly add and increase the percentage of your container wax. That way you get the throw of the container but not the problems with it being sticky and not comming out of the molds. Then you will probably still have the problem of your tarts not popping out of the bowl...possibly even after putting it in the freezer. I made some tarts 50% parasoy and 50% pillar blend and they came out of the mold easy. I liked the creamy look of them. They would scuff up easy because they were soft, but held up pretty well. These would NOT come out of the tart bowl even if I put it in the freezer. Then I decreased the parasoy container blend down to 25% and the pillar up to 75%...still having problems getting it out of the bowl. Had to turn the warmer on for a couple minutes to be able to slide it out. I am now trying IGI's votive blend. I made some 100% of the votive wax and next I will be adding 10% parasoy to it to see how that works.

HTH.

Jamie

Ok, I went ahead and mixed the 4627 with the 415 (50-50). Then I mixed the 4627 with Ecosoya PB (again, 50-50).

The 4627 + 415 tarts were nearly impossible to take out of the molds. I put them in the freezer for hours, and still they wouldn't budge:angry2:

So I had a "bright" idea, and dipped the metal part of the mold in hot water for a few seconds, and out they came! Going from freezing cold to a shock in hot water did the trick on the mold.

The 4627 + Ecosoya PB tarts, after an hour or so in the freezer, came out of the molds with no problem. Now I'll wait for them to cure. In the meantime, I think I'll try 4627 with CBL 129.