For those of you who shrink wrap your tarts

SOAPFREAK

Do you have a problem getting air inside the bag after sealing while you are shrink wrapping with the heat gun? I bought the 3" tubing and sealed one end, dropped in my tart and sealed it again. As I was hitting it with the heat gun, it was blowing up like a balloon then got a tiny hole in it then it released. I also can't get it shrunk without it melting a little on the edges. Is there any hints someone can share?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Kristy

I have never used shrink wrap but I read somewhere (probably on this forum somewhere) that a flat hair iron was used and that it worked great...

I had wrote it in my notes and I think about it everytime I straighten my daughters hair...LOL

HTH!

Emily

I have one of the hand sealer things to go with my shrinkwrap & heat gun.

starterset.jpg

Click on the image to see more from that site...

I insert the tart in the shrink wrap tube, seal it with the hand sealer then shrink it with the heatgun.

Practice makes perfect. HTH :)

You seal both ends correct? That's what I do with the food saver and then when I hit it with the heat gun it blows up like a balloon. Is there suppose to be a hole to release the air? I thought the whole idea was to keep it sealed.

Edited by SOAPFREAK

During the shrinkwrap demo at the BC convention last year the vendor said you can use a thin sewing pin/needle to make a tiny hole to release the built up air just be very careful when you are hitting that area with the heat gun not to expand it.